e-mail server down?

elemay

I have not received any e-mail coming from geocaching.com for more than 1 day now. This include :

- Friday's pocket query (marked as sent on the PQ page)

- all notifications (including those as cache owner)

- copy of e-mail sent to other geocachers

I have sent an e-mail to contact@geocaching.com and I have not received any reply.

There are a couple reasons why you may not be receiving emails from the site:

- Your inbox is filtering the emails as Spam: Sometimes emails from geocaching.com are filtered to a seperate folder from your main inbox.

- Your ISP is filtering the emails as Spam: Some ISP's will blacklist geocaching.com and label us as a 'bulk sender'. This is true and false. While we do send emails in bulk, these filters do not distinguish between solicited and unsolicited bulk email. If this is the case you will need to contact your ISP and ask them to allow email from this IP address:

This are the originating IP for all mail from Geocaching.com.

Edited by Michael

I am having the same problem. The last e-mail I received is about 11:30 PM CT on Friday. Not a single e-mail has come through since. I should have had e-mails yesterday from people logging my event. I sent a few e-mails to people today and I had it set to send a copy to myself. That was this morning.

I doubt it's my browser thinking its spam as I have filters set up to automatically sort my geocaching e-mails into a separate folder. It would be odd for my ISP to suddenly block something that hasn't ever been blocked in the last year of using that ISP.

I'll wait for tomorrow in hopes that when you get back to work, you might see something. I'll try contacting my ISP too.