How to transfer cache finds/close an account

K8Ydd

So, I need some unconfuddling: I cached back in the day with this name and then picked it up recently. I couldn't remember the name so I created a new one. I now have both accounts active. I've got finds and trackables (none that I control, I've just moved them) under both names and want to put them all under this one name and then close the other account. Any ideas?

Edited by K8Ydd

So, I need some unconfuddling: I cached back in the day with this name and then picked it up recently. I couldn't remember the name so I created a new one. I've got finds and trackables under both names and want to put them all under this one and then close the other account. Any ideas?

Look up one of the caches you know you have found and go through the names of people's logs. One of them has to ring a bell.

Cachensfun

I changed my caching name before I had 300 finds. I copied the logs from one account to the other, then deleted all the finds from the first account. At the end of each log under the new account, I added, "Signed log as Disenchanted". Not one cache owner gave me any grief about that.

It took me about 24 hours to accomplish this with a very high speed internet connection. If I had waited to do it when I had more finds, it would not have been worth it.

Edited by Okiebryan

I changed my caching name before I had 300 finds. I copied the logs from one account to the other, then deleted all the finds from the first account. At the end of each log under the new account, I added, "Signed log as Disenchanted". Not one cache owner gave me any grief about that.

It took me about 24 hours to accomplish this with a very high speed internet connection. If I had waited to do it when I had more finds, it would not have been worth it.

Might be able to speed that up a bit with the use of a tabbed browser, copy&paste, a my-finds PQ, excel and some knowledge of how to manipulate data into a usable format.

It's still take quite a while! Good grief.