Pinning a route

Almost_there

I am hoping someone can help me with Creating a Route - I am new to this.

I am trying to create a route for a bike ride which will predominantly be on back roads. When creating a route, how do I pin the route to these back roads and not have it automatically jump to the shortest or "best" route between the start and finish? ;)

I am trying to create a route for a bike ride which will predominantly be on back roads. When creating a route, how do I pin the route to these back roads and not have it automatically jump to the shortest or "best" route between the start and finish? ;)

What software are you using to create the route?

I am trying to create a route for a bike ride which will predominantly be on back roads. When creating a route, how do I pin the route to these back roads and not have it automatically jump to the shortest or "best" route between the start and finish? :)

What software are you using to create the route?

I am using the Geocaching.com Create/Edit a Route program.

Click on the route and drag it to the roads that you want to follow. You can add as many mid points as you need to keep it on the roads you want to follow.

I have tried that but it still snaps back to the shortest route or main highway.

I had the same problem, until I discovered that I had to grab a point on the route, not the END point.

If you grab the END point, the Map software redetermines what is the "Best Route". Hope this helps.

Edited by billedm

Click on the route and drag it to the roads that you want to follow. You can add as many mid points as you need to keep it on the roads you want to follow.

I have tried that but it still snaps back to the shortest route or main highway.

I had the same problem, until I discovered that I had to grab a point on the route, not the END point.

If you grab the END point, the Map software redetermines what is the "Best Route". Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help but it doesn't seem to want to work for me.

I grab a point along the route, drag it to where I want it to be, then as I proceed along dragging points to my intended route, I look back and find the route has jumped back to a highway or a shorter route. I can't seem to "pin" the route and have it stay there. As you can imagine it's very frustrating. :laughing:

Thanks for your help but it doesn't seem to want to work for me.

I grab a point along the route, drag it to where I want it to be, then as I proceed along dragging points to my intended route, I look back and find the route has jumped back to a highway or a shorter route. I can't seem to "pin" the route and have it stay there. As you can imagine it's very frustrating. ;)

I am experiencing the same issue. Did you find any resolution to this?