Communicator Plugin Problems

doug_11

Hi all,

when i try to transfer GPX-Files via the "Send to GPS" button and the installed Communicator Plugin to my Oregon 200 it doesn`t work. There is always the following message:

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

It has worked earlier, i already have transferred many files before.

But now it doesn`t work anymore. I tried it from different computers, i have installed the Communicator again, no success.

Anybody any idea what to do?

doug_11

has anyone tried lately because i still get that error 500 message......new to this so hoping im going it right....not sure but do you have to be a premium memeber to use that

I am still getting that error 500 message. Have been since yesterday. I have been using this without problems prior to yesterday and am not a premium member. I thought about becoming one but now I am not sure.

I'm getting it too!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one!! :lol:

Thanks for posting!!

HELLO I HAVE ALSO THIS PROBLEM SINCE YESTERDAY <_< AND DISPLAY SCREEN

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it can not be displayed.

WHEN TO SEND GPS .....? MAY BE UPDATING THE SITE GEOCACHING :rolleyes: ...?

THANKS AND . ........ FOLLOW ........

:D

I spent an hour on the phone with Garmin this morning. He did the take over control of my computer thing and checked out everything on my Garmin and my computer with reference to geocaching. He said everything checked out ok, so the problem must be with geocaching.com. He said he'd escalate the problem to his higherups so they could contact geocaching and let them know there's a problem. They have a direct connect of some sort. He was able to download a cache to the unit by going to the cache page, saving it to my desktop as a .loc file, then using my mapsource and downloading it to the unit. It was a pain and a lot of extra steps, but doable if necessary. I downloaded some caches as waypoints last night by entering coordinates manually, but also a pain. Hope they get it up and running soon.

...I'm so so bored with GSAK's "nag screens" that I may go down another route.

Everyone wants a buck/quid these days. And I'm finding it very tedious, if not insulting, in today's economic climate. ;)

On the flip side, a lot of folks want something for free regardless of the amount of work that went into developing an awesome tool.