Remove photos from gallery

sandrats

Edit whatever log you posted the photo with.

Well .... I'd like to leave it on the log, cuz that's just one photo & fits the log ... BUT I'd like to keep in the Gallery only ones that have enduring personal meaning ..

what do you think?

Nope, when you try to access the photo to delete it, it'll take you to the cache log. It'll delete it off both the log and your gallery.

Edit whatever log you posted the photo with.

Well .... I'd like to leave it on the log, cuz that's just one photo & fits the log ... BUT I'd like to keep in the Gallery only ones that have enduring personal meaning ..

what do you think?

I think...the geocaching.com Gallery is a compilation of the photos you post for caches and TBs. It can't be edited like a standalone image catalog (Flickr, Facebook, etc.).

B)

Your replies make sense, so i'll let that idea go ..... darn.

thank you, all three.

say ... it seems that there are (little?) things, like this, that the website could do better for us members ...

it seems static, with little or no optimization of function over the couple of years i've been using it ...

whaddyathink about that impression ... just mine??

say ... it seems that there are (little?) things, like this, that the website could do better for us members ...

it seems static, with little or no optimization of function over the couple of years i've been using it ...

whaddyathink about that impression ... just mine??

It's certainly not static, look at the roughly monthly release notes to see how many changes are made. Of course not all of those changes may affect you...

And there is a Geocaching.com Web Site forum for discussing "new features (or feature requests), bugs, etc. specific to the Geocaching.com site.". Suggestions for improvements are discussed there and if something is supported by a major part of the community, with a bit of luck it will be done and appear in the release notes some day...

I don't see a problem with having photos I post on caches listed in my gallery. In fact I would like an option for a gallery showing all the photos others have posted to my caches and bugs. (Yeah, I know Keystone but I mean a public gallery)

You mean one gallery for all your caches and bugs? Because if you mean a gallery for each one of them, that's already there: cache bug

I don't see a problem with having photos I post on caches listed in my gallery. In fact I would like an option for a gallery showing all the photos others have posted to my caches and bugs. (Yeah, I know Keystone but I mean a public gallery)

You mean one gallery for all your caches and bugs? Because if you mean a gallery for each one of them, that's already there: cache bug

No, not the gallery on each cache/bug page. One Gallery that shows all the photos others have posted to my caches/bugs, just like the gallery that is currently provided that shows all the photos I've posted on other people's caches/bugs.

If I ran a PQ of all the caches I own, there is an option to show a gallery of all those caches. I would like that to be made a public option just like the one currently provided on my profile.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/gallery.asp...68-dfd1f6527441

Edited by BlueDeuce

No, not the gallery on each cache/bug page. One Gallery that shows all the photos others have posted to my caches/bugs, just like the gallery that is currently provided that shows all the photos I've posted on other people's caches/bugs.

If I ran a PQ of all the caches I own, there is an option to show a gallery of all those caches. I would like that to be made a public option just like the one currently provided on my profile.

I've never seen this discussed, but if you put into a an RSS reader,

http://www.geocaching.com/datastore/rss_galleryimages.ashx?guid=

followed by the guid of of a particular cache, you will get a gallery of images posted to that cache.

Edited by Don_J

I've never seen this discussed, but if you put into a an RSS reader,

http://www.geocaching.com/datastore/rss_galleryimages.ashx?guid=

followed by the guid of of a particular cache, you will get a gallery of images posted to that cache.

Since we're going off topic I'll just clarify this just one more time.

I'm talking about a profile option, made available the public, that allows them to simply click the tab and see all the photos posted to my caches, just like my profile currently offers the public a tab to see all the photos I've posted to other caches.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Yep, that works. I tested it on an infrequently visited cache of mine. See the note posted there:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...f7-df34baad7c54

It does not appear in my gallery.

It also doesn't show up in the cache gallery. I mention it because that is where I am most likely to see a picture for the cache. I may not read every log but I will often glance over the gallery.