changing the loc.of your exsisting cache

tav

say down the road i don't like my loc. and want to change the loc. of my cache do to muggles,or other things out of my control how would i go about changing place and loc.? is there an editing botton or do i have to go thru someone above and beyond

say down the road i don't like my loc. and want to change the loc. of my cache do to muggles,or other things out of my control how would i go about changing place and loc.? is there an editing botton or do i have to go thru someone above and beyond

Yes, you can move the cache if you are moving it less then a few hundred feet. It's a log type - "Update Coordinates". Assuming the new location qualifies.

If you need to move it more then a hundred feet or so, your best bet is to archive the old one and simply create a new cache.

You log a note and check the update co-ordinates button. If it over 500 feet it will take a reviewer to change it.

Jim

ya my new cache hasn't been approved yet and as i i'm thinking of it i really don't like the loc. so i guess i have to wait til it's online first ...then change it .....right? it's gonna be totally in a different place . it must take the same amount of time as if you were creating a ew cache

ya my new cache hasn't been approved yet and as i i'm thinking of it i really don't like the loc. so i guess i have to wait til it's online first ...then change it .....right? it's gonna be totally in a different place . it must take the same amount of time as if you were creating a ew cache

Before you submit a cache, or more precisely if you uncheck the cache is active check box before the reviewer reviews the cache, you can move the co-ordinates any where you desire. It is only *after* the cache is published are you restricted. Of course saturation guidelines will apply after you make the cache active and submit it.

Jm

If your cache isn't published you can move it anywhere. After publication you are limited to about 500 feet. As others mentioned here if the move is over 500 feet your reviewer will need to change it and he will probably tell you to submit a new cache because a move of over 500 ft makes it a substantially different cache.

If the cache is unpublished, you can edit everything about it, coords, description, even type. Go to the cache page, and in the upper right corner navigation box you'll see an "edit listing" link. That takes you back to the cache report form.

Be sure to scroll to the bottom and check the "submit changes" and "yes, I have read...." buttons.

If your cache isn't published you can move it anywhere. After publication you are limited to about 500 feet. As others mentioned here if the move is over 500 feet your reviewer will need to change it and he will probably tell you to submit a new cache because a move of over 500 ft makes it a substantially different cache.

No necessarily so. I once had a cache move by roughly 2 miles. The cache container was on an object, advertising a location. A new road in to the location was built, and the old one closed. The object doing the advertising was moved, and of course, took the cache along for the ride.

And as has been already noted, the Updated Coordinates did require a reviewer to make the change.

Cheers

Bundy