blackberry tour

Kid Dylan

i recently got the new blackberry tour. although i can get to the geocaching site, i can't look at any caches. bb says the tour is not compatible!! does any one have the tour & use it for geocaching? thanks kid dylan

I have the Tour and it has been working great. I have Blackstar loaded on it (it is a free geocaching software) The program even has links to this site as well as bcaching. It also allows you to import waypoints. I just imported a full pocket quarry (.gpx) with about 400 points in it and it loaded it without a problem.

I had heard of some problems with Sprint users but I thought they fixed it. I am on verizon.

Are you going to the WAP site or the regular website?

What browser are you using on the Tour? If you are using the BlackBerry browser, what is your emulation set to?

Did you log in to the website?

What error are you getting?

thanks for your response. i can go to geocaching.com.wap and bring up a cache & look at the 5 most recent logs, but i cannot go to geocaching.com & bring up any specific cache. i can bring up lists of caches, such as my most recent finds, but it will not load the information so that i can see it. it says loading, scripting, loading, scripting, but it never does load it. i have talked to at least 10 people at verizon or blackberry. they even tried by logging on to my account. they had the same results. very very frustrating. my brother has the curve and can pull any cache at any time. but i can not with the new & improved tour.

Browers... options...Browesr configuration...Support Javascript, uncheck.

you are my hero(s)...i just tried that & it workeddd!!!. i have tried every setting before. & everyone told me that i had to allow java scrpits. thank you thank you thank you

I'll second that! I was told to have java turned on, too. THANK YOU!! :)

i recently got the new blackberry tour. although i can get to the geocaching site, i can't look at any caches. bb says the tour is not compatible!! does any one have the tour & use it for geocaching? thanks kid dylan

There is an application from Trimble called Geocaching Navigator that works really well and interfaces with geocaching.com.