Marking Geocoin As Missing Changed.

monstermunch

I've just noticed that the Mark As Missing option on a TB/GC page now sends an automated note to your geocoin's page. I wrote a note too, to explain it's loss.

This is the automated message now on the GC page:

[This is an automated message]

This is a message to let you know that your trackable item TB22ND4 has been marked ‘missing’ by a cache owner or a site administrator. Trackable items are marked missing when it is determined that they are no longer located in the cache they are listed in or in the hands of the current holder. Please review the most recent logs on your trackable item to learn more information about its current state.

It's not needed. I'm reporting it missing!

I've just noticed that the Mark As Missing option on a TB/GC page now sends an automated note to your geocoin's page. I wrote a note too, to explain it's loss.

This is a message to let you know that your trackable item TB22ND4 has been marked ‘missing’ by a cache owner or a site administrator. Trackable items are marked missing when it is determined that they are no longer located in the cache they are listed in or in the hands of the current holder. Please review the most recent logs on your trackable item to learn more information about its current state.

It is a new change that was recently implemented, but that is a bit of an odd statement when you are the trackable owner and you are marking the trackable MIA yourself. I would hope that this statement is changed for owner marked actions.

MYater

Just the same as when you move your own trackable.

The message is generated when the event happens..always.

The name of the cacher performing the event is included...always.

The devs could probable write some code to determine if there was any relationship between the trackable and the person triggering the event, but it would be clunky and not so efficient.

For a while, trackable movements by the owner did not generate a message. But for some reason they were brought back.

Don't forget that the cache owner can mark a trackable as missing. In that case the trackable owner would not know about that being done without some kind of notification.

Example, a TB in one of my caches is verified as not being in the cache. I can mark it as missing even though I don't own the TB. In the past, I have sent the owner an email. This takes care of that notification.

It's your trackable? delete the log!