"send to GPS" not always working w/ my PN-40

exprezchef

When I want to send just a couple of caches to my PN-40 and don't want to set up a PQ, I am ocasionally not able to send the cache to my GPSr. I have the Delorme plug-in installed and it only happens to about one out of every 15 I attempt to send to the unit. When I click the "send to GPS" button, the new window pops up for the transfer notification but just sits there and none on the green check marks pop up. Any ideas? I have thought about trying to reinstall the plug-in but thought I would ask here first. As I said, I normally don't have any problems and there is just the occasional cache that won't transfer. THX

There are certain caches that are causing these problems for everyone. We're working on a fix for this. I think it has to do with HTML in the cache description.

The cache in question was GC14H3N. However, any cached after that would not work.

I tried going to an earlier restore point on my computer and found that allowed me to then download caches into my PN-40. It seems that a Microsoft update casued at least part of the issue.

Was there any resolve on this issue?? I have been having the same problem on certain caches. I would try one and nothing happened, I would pick another cache at random and send to GPS with perfect results.

We are still troubleshooting this issue.

Bump...

I've got a PN-40 coming in the mail and I wonder whether I will be running into this. Is it still an issue? Was it related to ANY HTML in the description or just specific HTML? I actually went looking for issues like this because I have seen GSAK macros to clean up/remove HTML for the Magellan Triton series while I was playing with one for a few days and I was curious whether something like this was going to be necessary for the PN-40.

When I want to send just a couple of caches to my PN-40 and don't want to set up a PQ, I am ocasionally not able to send the cache to my GPSr. I have the Delorme plug-in installed and it only happens to about one out of every 15 I attempt to send to the unit. When I click the "send to GPS" button, the new window pops up for the transfer notification but just sits there and none on the green check marks pop up. Any ideas? I have thought about trying to reinstall the plug-in but thought I would ask here first. As I said, I normally don't have any problems and there is just the occasional cache that won't transfer. THX

Here we are at the end of 2009 and we still have many caches that will not load :) using "Send to GPS".

Here are some of the ones (not all) that I have come across this past month:

GC1MBZO "Alone on an Island"

GC1W7NB "Are you sick III???"

GC224CV "Be My Neighbor 01-Eldorado West"

GC1PWV6 "Between the Trails"

GCWPCY "Cache-22"

GCMOJW "Can You See Me Now"

GC1RVDJ " Cows' Cache"

GCZ7OR "Frisco's Common Dirt Road"

GC1XBPG "Stonebrook Dead End"

GC1KCTB "ZIP - Tammie "

I have this problem too, although I'm sure that's not a surprise.

I just want to add that I have found this a problem I have been having also. Same trouble as already mentioned. I run Windows xp and have the Delorme Pn40 SE. I'll be interested to see the solution.