Garmin 400T....how to enter mulit-cache cords

crwddyz

I just started the GC and have been using an older Mio Auto (car) GPSr. All cords must be entered manually, but it is easy and then it takes me there via on road driving instructions. When I arrive I take the unit from my car and switch to pedestrian mode. Then I just walk to the GC location....works OK but I want to go paperless.

I have been looking at either the Delorme PN-40 or Garmin 400t. I found info here stating that the PN-40 has a method for entering cords manually. Does the 400t have the same ability...and how/where ?

Thanks for helping a noob.

Edited by crwddyz

I just started the GC and have been using an older Mio Auto (car) GPSr. All cords must be entered manually, but it is easy and then it takes me there via on road driving instructions. When I arrive I take the unit from my car and switch to pedestrian mode. Then I just walk to the GC location....works OK but I want to go paperless.

I have been looking at either the Delorme PN-40 or Garmin 400t. I found info here stating that the PN-40 has a method for entering cords manually. Does the 400t have the same ability...and how/where ?

Thanks for helping a noob.

Same as nearly every other GPS. "Mark a waypoint", edit the co-ordinates.

You only say Garmin 400t, no mention if it's a Colorado or an Oregon.

Knight2000 has taken care of the Oregon instructions.

It's even easier on a Colorado, just hold the Enter button (the center button on the Rock 'n Roller wheel) down for a couple of seconds...takes you directly to editing a new waypoint...VERY easy! :smile: