Is it possible to do a mass upload of geocache coordinates?

Devinearia

I have found that if I click on a particular geocache I can download it directly to my GPS. My question is do I have to go to each individual cache to upload it? Or is there a way of doing a mass upload of caches?

My ultimate goal is I would like all the caches in certain areas loaded so that if I'm ever out and about I can just look to see if there are any nearby where I am located.

Any information would be helpful thanks!

*smile* Brandi

I have found that if I click on a particular geocache I can download it directly to my GPS. My question is do I have to go to each individual cache to upload it? Or is there a way of doing a mass upload of caches?

My ultimate goal is I would like all the caches in certain areas loaded so that if I'm ever out and about I can just look to see if there are any nearby where I am located.

*smile* Brandi

It will involve Pocket Queries (PQ's). For info on PQ's see this FAQ. The other important piece of information is what type of GPS you have. The way to load them varies within a brand and from brand to brand.

Jim

*smile* Brandi

It will involve Pocket Queries (PQ's). For info on PQ's see this FAQ. The other important piece of information is what type of GPS you have. The way to load them varies within a brand and from brand to brand.

Jim

It's an Venture HC Etrex. :D

*smile* Brandi

Jim

It's an Venture HC Etrex. :D

In addition to the PQ you need one of GSAK, EasyGPS, GeoBuddy or mapsource. You load the PQ into one of these programs and then use the program to load your GPS.

Jim

I believe you can download 20 caches at a time to your GPS directly from the GC.com site. But these are only the .loc files for the GPS. If you want to download the actual cache page info you will need a PDA or other device that can handle that data. Your particular GPS can't.

GPX or LOC, to download the coordinates to the Venture HC, Devinearia will still need the software jholly mentioned.

Alternatively:

Go to the Garmin website and access your "my extras"

in here you can view caches in any area and download 20 at a time,.

however there is a draw back, you can only download traditional caches!

that's what i do, and you can load more than 20 at a time without unplugging your gpsr, you just have to hit 'send to gps' a few times. i may get all those other things like gsak and/or easygps in the future, but for now the garmin site works great for me.