i-phone help for a newbie please

wirralwanderers

Hi all,

Brand new at Geocaching and really enjoying it , I might be getting a bit ahead of myself here but I'm trying to do a multi cache.

I've worked out the clues at the first cache and now have a new set of co-ordinates to navigate to but I don't know how to enter them into the geocache software on my i-phone to show me where to go :ph34r:

Any help / advice greatly appreciated but beware I'm not fully up to the language and terminology used so nice and simple if you will.

Many thanks

Stridles

Hi all,

Brand new at Geocaching and really enjoying it , I might be getting a bit ahead of myself here but I'm trying to do a multi cache.

I've worked out the clues at the first cache and now have a new set of co-ordinates to navigate to but I don't know how to enter them into the geocache software on my i-phone to show me where to go :ph34r:

Any help / advice greatly appreciated but beware I'm not fully up to the language and terminology used so nice and simple if you will.

Many thanks

Stridles

I've only used the geocaching.com app and I don't believe there is a way to enter coordinates manually. You could probably type them into the stock map app but I have not tried doing that. I actually haven't thought about that situation as I have done all traditionals on my 3GS.

EDIT:

After playing around a little I noticed there is a flag on the left hand side if you go to the navigate to cache screen. Click that and it allows you to enter coordinates for the next stage! :laughing: Again, that is if you are using the Geocaching.com App

Edited by jho135

Hi all,

Many thanks

Stridles

I've only used the geocaching.com app and I don't believe there is a way to enter coordinates manually. You could probably type them into the stock map app but I have not tried doing that. I actually haven't thought about that situation as I have done all traditionals on my 3GS.

EDIT:

After playing around a little I noticed there is a flag on the left hand side if you go to the navigate to cache screen. Click that and it allows you to enter coordinates for the next stage! :laughing: Again, that is if you are using the Geocaching.com App

Good tip - thanks! I never noticed that.