How long can you keep a trackable item?

ounichelhiboux

i have coin here that i want to take with me to Asia but im leaving in 3 weeks. Is it OK to keep it for all that time? I have put a note on the log saying that i will put it in 3 weeks time.

cheers

If it matches the goal of the coin then I don't see an issue with 3 weeks. I would personally prefer someone to hold onto a coin for three weeks and meet the goal than send it off and go against the goal. On the other hand if taking it to Asia goes against the goal then it is a bad idea. If it has no goal then your good. However these are just my personal opinion ultimately the person to ask is the owner of the coin.

It depends of the goal and if the coin is in a race or something!

If the coin is in a race, it needs to collect miles fast! that means that you can not keep it for too long, unless it will really worth it in miles! It will be good to contact with the owner and tell him the whole thing!

If the coin has a goal to be taken in a special cache, in a country etc, and you are going there... it is different!

If you are helping with the best way the coin's goal, I do not think the owner will say anything... :ph34r: Of course, it will be good to contact with him again!

Personally opinion.... if you had one of my coins and the coin had a goal to come in my island so I can pick it up, and you were coming here..... I wouldn't mind if you were going to keep it for more than a month if you were bringing my litle one home! :laughing:

Sending email to the owner is something nice! It shows that you care for the game, for the coin and for the owners! who knows... you can even make great friendships like that! :laughing:

Not much to say that hasn't already been said...I found a coin with the goal of getting to Mass. I had 2 months before a trip to Vermont, e-mailed the owner, who was pleased that I would get their coin that close, and had no problem with the coin being held that long...like everyone else said, if in doubt, e-mail the owner.

ILYK

i have coin here that i want to take with me to Asia but im leaving in 3 weeks. Is it OK to keep it for all that time? I have put a note on the log saying that i will put it in 3 weeks time.

If it's the Lizardtoadz GC it shows the goal is to 'travel the world.'

Since it hasn't been over to Asia yet, I would think the owner would enjoy seeing it go that far.

The owner will see the note you left in the log. Sending a message is up to you.

Three weeks isn't all that long in the world of trackables. (IMO)

Have fun on your trip! :ph34r: