Garmin Legend Cx problems

Moonstar27

I have had a Garmin Legend Cx GPS for 3.5 years now, served me will in during its time, but now it won't turn on at all. I have replaced battery's, retried brand new battery's and made sure they were in right, as well as attaching it to the computer but nothing works, I will not turn on at all. Any idea's of why this is happening and any solutions would be grateful.

-Moonstar27-

I am sorry to say, I have tried that and got no respond, but thanks for the advice.

I'm sorry to hear that.Thats two garmins now in the last few days that won't power up.Hang in there,hopefully some of the Go To Guys on here can shed some light on it,or at least let you know

if its worth trying to salvage.I have two of them so I'd like to know as well.I hope you can get it fired up.

My first GPS was a Cx, bought it shortly after they came out.

A couple of months later, it too exhibited the same behaviour as yours, totally dead. No beeps, no display, no sign of life at all. I sent it in under warranty and got back a new one.

I still have that replacement Cx today and it works fine. I let friends use when we go out caching together, it’s getting a bit dated now so I’m not really worried if they drop it in the mud.