GARMIN 60CSx

FK5984

I've had my GARMIN60CSx for a little over 3 months now (just long enough to be out of Cabela's 90 day electronics return policy) and love it for geocaching. We were on a cruise to Mexico last week and looking forward to doing some caching when the on/off switch broke. I had the unit turned on, noting our location at sea, then I couldn't turn it off. I had to take the batteries out to shut it off and the switch hasn't worked since. Can't tell you how bummed I was. Now I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem with this unit. Any input would be appreciated; especially if anyone has had experience with Garmin's tech support.

As long as the button wasn't physically damaged by misuse, it should be covered under Garmin's warranty which is one year from the date of purchase.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/warranty.html

Garmin has great customer support in my experience.

As motorcycle mama says, if its under warranty, send it back. But meanwhile, you might be interested in this thread:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Garmin_GPSMa...Sx/message/8648

I got my 60csx from REI when it first came out. My power switch failed and when I brought it to REI they told me to bring in the packaging and they would replace it. I talked them into opening a new box and keeping the packaging, I thought at the time it must be a design flaw and they would surely fix the flaw after getting a lot of returns.

I just sent mine in for the same issue and had it replaced with a new one. In fact, I was 10 months out of warranty and they still replaced it for free. I was expecting to have to pay for the repairs but they gave me an RO# and replaced it. I'm guessing that this might be a major defect with the unit and they are just replacing the defective units. This is just a guess.

Their Customer Service has been excellent for me with this issue and others.

Good luck.