Blackberry 9000

3fatties

I have a Blackberry Tour that I installed CacheBerry on. I came from a Palm Treo with Cachemate, so Cacheberry took a little getting used to, but it seems like a nice program.

x2 on cacheberry, I had it on my Curve and now on my Tour (I hate the tour BTW). Great program for caching in a pinch. I renamed my PQ's so that i can reload them based on the area im in. It cuts down greatly on the sorting process.

Good Luck

BB Bold with cacheberry works for me. Right, with a large data set the sorts will take longer. However, unless we are cruising down the freeway the dataset does not change that fast anyway. A file structure like the Palm pda would be nice but cacheberry has more functionality. Nearby caches and "go to routing" would be nice additions.

The garmin is still the primary caching tool, with BB Bold / cacheberry supporting.

Geocaching Navigator from Trimble and Blackstar also work well. If you load the Blackberry App Store Icon you can actually type in Geocache and it will bring up these two apps. As the others have mentioned Cacheberry is great and they are coming out with new Beta versions (to improve the app) all of the time! It is convenient to use the Blackberry since you almost always have it with you and the Trimble app will bring up local caches for the area you are in.

I looked at the Trimble Geocache Navigator but did not want to pay $40 a year when it looked like Cacheberry will do the job. Another thread mentioned a one time charge of $19.95 and not annual charges. The Trimble site still lists $39.95 per year. Visual image of nearby caches without the need to have them loaded would be nice.

Have not tried Blackstar but it did not appear to have as much as bang for the buck as cacheberry.

I looked at the Trimble Geocache Navigator but did not want to pay $40 a year when it looked like Cacheberry will do the job. Another thread mentioned a one time charge of $19.95 and not annual charges. The Trimble site still lists $39.95 per year. Visual image of nearby caches without the need to have them loaded would be nice.

Have not tried Blackstar but it did not appear to have as much as bang for the buck as cacheberry.

Many thanks for all your advice, as suggested loaded cacheberry onto my 9000 and it works a treat with pocket queries. A recent trip to the ISle of MUll proved this. As long as you keep on top of the amount of cahces on yr device it works fine - thanks again