Looing for Geocachers in Bridgwater,Taunton ,weston and surround areas to join Geocacheing with

malarkin1971

Im new to Geocacheing,me and my daughter found my first 2 yesterday and we had so much fun,only trouble is she can't always come with me as she has college and works too so has different days off,what im looking for is to make new friends who I can join now and again to continue my new hobbie as I dont want to do it all alone every time.Also we are going out for the day next fri 25th sept to hopefully get 3/4 in.Being new to this and still both of us new drivers we are staying close to area and then later when were more experience working our way out,does any one know of a good route near the bridgwater and surrounding areas which would take us to 3/4 Caches in one day please,any help or advice will be greatfull to get this newbie alittle further along with this wonderfull pastime thanks marlarkin1971 ;)

Hello malarkin1971 ;)

Welcome to caching! There are some nice caches in the Somerset area, so there are plenty for you to choose from.

What sort of things do you like? Long walks or short walks? Being out in the country or being in the town? We should find a cache to suit your tastes! There are quite a few urban caches you could pick up in places like Taunton or Weston or you could head into the Mendips if you want something more outdoorsy.

If you want to meet some other local cachers you could always come along to one of the local events. We have a regular Somerset and Bristol Quarterly event and I'm sure we're due another one soon. If you keep an eye on your local notifications emails :)

Hi thanks for replies and emails have recieved, When I say 3/4 yes I mean routes/caches close together,that we can spend 3/6 hrs out doing,we dont mind town or counrty but we did enjoy our country ones the other day,difficulty 1/2 to start as were new,we dont mind long or short walks but we are looking to go out next fri for around 5 hrs and try to do at least 3 ...4 if possible so any ides would be great thanks Malarkin1971

Hi thanks for replies and emails have recieved, When I say 3/4 yes I mean routes/caches close together,that we can spend 3/6 hrs out doing,we dont mind town or counrty but we did enjoy our country ones the other day,difficulty 1/2 to start as were new,we dont mind long or short walks but we are looking to go out next fri for around 5 hrs and try to do at least 3 ...4 if possible so any ides would be great thanks Malarkin1971

5 hours? - you should be able to do at least 10 or 15 caches in that time! B)

If you go to your Profile - Map it, you should see a map which shows all the caches in your neighborhood where you can work out an efficient route route to take in all the caches you want to attempt. There are 4 in Cannington which are quite close together. I'm working next Friday, but good luck with your caching.

Thanks B) I dunno about 10/15...im a newbie....it isnt so much me but my daughters driveing...lol....she hates being given directions and being a new driver tends to get us lost..lol...saw the ones in cannington,so may look at the,will try the map it thing see what it comes up with,thank you so much for all the advice malarkin1971

There's a few nice ones around weston/brean area.

The snow white set is fun and are fairly close to the road so easy to grab , Seven Dwarfs, apart from snow white herself, which requires a leap of faith!

If you fancy a good walk around weston - Weston Walkabout

The google maps option off the Hide and Seek sub menu on the left of the home page is a great tool, just click on hide and seek, then click on the Google maps option about 6/7 lines down - this'l give you a map of some place in the US, just type Bridgwater in the search box, tick the show numbers option and you're away - gives a great picture of what's in an area.

Also, don't tell anyone lol but if you switch to satellite view and zoom right in you can see just about the exact location which can help, but i try not to do this too much, honest, I don't lol.

happy caching

Edited by davnig