When to log a multicache?

Growf

Knight2000 - Thanks for the reply.

Guess I will have to wait for another day to complete this one -- when I returned to my car after finding the first stage, it (my car) was dead from alternator death :)

Knight2000 has the right answer. These multi-caches can seem like several 'mini' caches but really it's just several containers that lead you to the final cache location.

We once found the first stage of a Multi that was a quart sized lock & lock, it had the coords wrote on the outside. We didn't realize it was a Multi & thought the log & swag had been muggled, so like good little Geocachers, we added a log book & some swag. When we got online to log it, we realized it was the first stage we had found........we posted a DNF & asked the next finders to remove the log.....which they did.

If the Multi is a bonus cache, each stage of the 'Multi' may be a cache in it's own right.

However, I think more recently, they have to be marked as ? (Puzzle/unknown)

In the UK you hunt the Traditional Cache (counts as 1 Found) which contains part co-ordinates for the Bonus Cache.

Find all the Traditionals, get all the numbers, go for the Bonus Cache.

ie Find the first cache, get the North Co-ords.

Find the second cache for the West co-ords.

Then find the Bonus Cache.