Taking ages to reviewed

ounichelhiboux

We apologize humbly for not volunteering our time quickly enough. :anibad:

EDIT to add: I checked, and your page submitted on 4 September is properly awaiting review. Sometimes we catch disabled listings and so forth in these threads. Thanks for your patience.

Edited by Keystone

FAQ

"When I submit a new cache for publication, how long will it take to be listed?

Each cache that is submitted to Geocaching.com is reviewed by a volunteer, to ensure that the cache meets the Geocaching Listing Guidelines. This process may take up to 72 hours to have your cache posted to the web site. We kindly ask for your patience during this review, especially on weekends when site traffic can be high. "

and after 72 hours remeber the word volunteer they sometimes have alot of caches to review and have lifes to attend so be patient spend the time to make sure your cache meets all the guideines again or go caching while ya wait!!

"

Edited by dakin55

I submitted my second cache the morning of September 1st and it still has not been reviewed - I have been wondering if I did it improperly? The process is pretty straight forward... but usually it is the simple things that confuse me best... certainly if I had done something wrong, a reviewer would have left me a note? ;)

if the problem is too many caches to review and not enough volunteer hours in the day - well, I understand that! I guess once I get a respectable number of finds under my belt, I will volunteer to review -

Edited by Cheryl728

if the problem is too many caches to review and not enough volunteer hours in the day - well, I understand that! I guess once I get a respectable number of finds under my belt, I will volunteer to review -

You can't actually volunteer. Here is the relevant section of the Knowledgebase.

How do I become a volunteer cache reviewer?

Geocaching.com asks geocachers to become volunteer cache reviewers based on an identified need in the local area. Qualifications include experience level (most volunteers have hidden dozens of caches and found hundreds or thousands), reputation within the local geocaching community, involvement with any local geocaching organizations, demonstrated ability to work with land managers, communications skills, and knowledge of the geocache listing guidelines.

The best thing you can do if you'd like to become a cache reviewer is to work on each of the qualifications described above. Then, when you least expect it, you might be asked!

I submitted my second cache the morning of September 1st and it still has not been reviewed - I have been wondering if I did it improperly?

One of the things Ive seen a lot around here is that people disable there caches thinking that they don't want everyone to see it before it's reviewed. Problem is that the disabling of the cache makes it not show up for the reviewers. Is there red text on the top of the page that says this?

*The reviewers will not see this listing until you activate it.

*This cache is temporarily unavailable. Read the logs below to read the status for this cache.

You can't actually volunteer. Here is the relevant section of the Knowledgebase.

How do I become a volunteer cache reviewer?

Geocaching.com asks geocachers to become volunteer cache reviewers based on an identified need in the local area. Qualifications include experience level (most volunteers have hidden dozens of caches and found hundreds or thousands), reputation within the local geocaching community, involvement with any local geocaching organizations, demonstrated ability to work with land managers, communications skills, and knowledge of the geocache listing guidelines.

The best thing you can do if you'd like to become a cache reviewer is to work on each of the qualifications described above. Then, when you least expect it, you might be asked!

as a matter of fact, it does have that red lettering! I knew I must have done something very wrong! Thanks for cluing me in! as for being a volunteer - I am no where even almost close to possessing the qualities it takes to be asked to be a volunteer! I just didn't want to come off as griping about the cache not being reviewed yet! I figured I had done something wrong - and I think I have corrected it - Thanks for the info!

Quick question... why is it taking ages to get new caches get reviewed? Sometimes days before it get reviewed... :laughing:

I've been waiting for 6.5 days for my Cache to be reviewed. It was activated roughly 155 hours ago and hasn't been changed since then. Not sure if I did something wrong or if it's just that there's a big backlog at the moment.

Quick question... why is it taking ages to get new caches get reviewed? Sometimes days before it get reviewed... :laughing:

I've been waiting for 6.5 days for my Cache to be reviewed. It was activated roughly 155 hours ago and hasn't been changed since then. Not sure if I did something wrong or if it's just that there's a big backlog at the moment.

Your complex multicache is throwing four errors under the Cache Saturation test. Tip: In the "Additional Waypoints" section, only those stages which are containers or other objects you've placed in the environment should be coded "Stages of a Multicache" (which count towards the Cache Saturation test). Purely virtual stages (signs, monuments and other existing objects) should be coded using the "Question to Answer" Additional Waypoint type.

When things are busy, a reviewer may put aside a complex review in favor of others that can be published straight away.