multicache? or Mystery/Puzzle

Here's the setup: I'd like to hide a cache which contains a question (Canadian history). The finder takes home the question, does the research, and emails me back with a simple answer. I email /return a set of coordinates in exchange for the correct answer. These coords reveal the location of a 2nd cache which houses the prize and other swag.

On the online form, does this sequential caching correspond to a multistage or a mystery/puzzle category?

Thanks for clarifying!

Virtualdogs

Here's the setup: I'd like to hide a cache which contains a question (Canadian history). The finder takes home the question, does the research, and emails me back with a simple answer. I email /return a set of coordinates in exchange for the correct answer. These coords reveal the location of a 2nd cache which houses the prize and other swag.

On the online form, does this sequential caching correspond to a multistage or a mystery/puzzle category?

Thanks for clarifying!

Virtualdogs

Could be either but the bolded part won't pass muster, I'm afraid.

The finder takes home the question, does the research, and emails me back with a simple answer. I email /return a set of coordinates in exchange for the correct answer. These coords reveal the location of a 2nd cache which houses the prize and other swag.

I agree with Jumpin' Jack Cache, I don't think you'll find a reviewer to approve that geocache.

It's too close to an ALR type cache - recently declared unacceptable. Besides, I'd have to wait around for your answer. Are you going to be on-line 24/7? And it sorta knocks out any out-of-town cachers from doing your cache.

Why not have a list of answers in the cache with coordinates associated with each answer. The correct answer would have the correct coordinates. Thus, no e-mail required.

Edited by Cache O'Plenty

I recently did a five-stage multi that was kinda sorta like what you propose. It was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed it.

As in the above post, the out-of-town aspect is a real buzz-kill for me.

Not really an ALR, but more of a code-word cache.

The five-stager had a question to answer in each of the first three stages. The answers were based on info given in the write-up, but they could be anything. You got to choose between A or B for the answer, and a new co-ordinate stub was provided for each answer. None of the stages were very far apart, so if you got it wrong, you could easily try the other answer. The fourth stage (hmmm, or was it the third...), anyway, one of the stages asked about menu options at a nearby restaurant (Hawai'ian BBQ, and I'm going back for some someday!)...I waffled here, but managed to boldly go inside and get the required info.

In the final analysis, any cache that requires the finder to contact the owner to get the final co-ordinates will not fly.