how do you make a coin bank?

pumpkinking27

Hello, I have a newbie question for you. Sorry if this is a repeat question, but I cant find the answer anywhere.

So, if anyone can help me, I would appreciate it. So anyway, I am starting to collect Halloween or christmas related geocoins....I am new to coin collecting, but as I am getting them, I set the page up for them, but they just sit in my inventory. And on the coin page, it says its location is in the hands of the owner. Now, I have been to some pages, where peoples coins say they are in such and such a bank...or something like that. So is there a way to change it from saying in the hands of the owner. and put them in a fake bank or something like that? thanks for your help in advance, and does anyone know any cool halloween or christmas coins that I should keep an eye out for?

Hello, I have a newbie question for you. Sorry if this is a repeat question, but I cant find the answer anywhere.

So, if anyone can help me, I would appreciate it. So anyway, I am starting to collect Halloween or christmas related geocoins....I am new to coin collecting, but as I am getting them, I set the page up for them, but they just sit in my inventory. And on the coin page, it says its location is in the hands of the owner. Now, I have been to some pages, where peoples coins say they are in such and such a bank...or something like that. So is there a way to change it from saying in the hands of the owner. and put them in a fake bank or something like that? thanks for your help in advance, and does anyone know any cool halloween or christmas coins that I should keep an eye out for?

You make a cache page with the co-ordinates of your closet floor. Then archive the listing. Once archived you drop all your coins into this cache. They are off your inventory and if you swap discoveries at an event folks can discover them because they are active. Some skip the step of archiving the cache but I think I read that it will show up on the reviewers map. Maybe a reviewer/moderator can comment.

Jim

I'm not a reviewer but I have a cache just like this. It is not published and the reviewer doesn't see it becasue there is a checkbox which if cleared prevents the cache from showing. This is really meant for cache description you are working on, but mine's like that for over a year now.

Cheers CorgiTeam

I'm not a reviewer but I have a cache just like this. It is not published and the reviewer doesn't see it becasue there is a checkbox which if cleared prevents the cache from showing. This is really meant for cache description you are working on, but mine's like that for over a year now.

Cheers CorgiTeam

Sorry, but that check box only prevents the reviewer from reviewing the cache...but they can see it just fine. The only way they will completely ignore it is if you archive it.

You make a cache page with the co-ordinates of your closet floor. Then archive the listing. Once archived you drop all your coins into this cache. They are off your inventory and if you swap discoveries at an event folks can discover them because they are active. Some skip the step of archiving the cache but I think I read that it will show up on the reviewers map. Maybe a reviewer/moderator can comment.

Jim

I agree with JHolly, if you want a coin/trackable bank, just create a cache but never publish it. From there you can archive it and if you want to drop something in you will have to go to your archived unpublished caches which is hidden unless you know exactly where to find it. The other option is to just leave it unpublished, it will show up on your main page and you will have a one click link to the cache page to allow you to drop more of your trackables into it.

As far as the reviewers go, one of the moderators or reviewers posted earlier this week that unless the page is active to be published it will not show up on their que of caches which need to be reviewed. They can view them if the need arrises, but unless they need to the will not arbitrarily select an account to see if there are any unpublished caches that you have created.

I personaly leave mine on my main account page so that I have a easy to get to quick link. Also I use my coin vault as a storage area for ideas about future caches...

MYater

Thank you all for your help. I will takes these ideas into consideration, and see what I am going to do. I like the idea of a "bank" to put them in, but then the ease of my main page to click them is also a good idea. so I am not sure yet which one I will do. and p.s. anyone want to sell off holiday themed coins, drop me a line! :P