missing english

BaKaCZ

Pro la problemo de provizo por la parolantoj de diversaj lingvoj, mi bonkore proponas ke oni priskribu cxiujn kasxojn dulingve: Esperante kaj tie-lingve. : )

(Of course, I have yet to convert my four caches' descriptions into English and Esperanto...)

Cu placus al vi sidi sub arbo kun si?

Sorry, that's the first thing that always pops into my head when I hear someone mention Esperanto. ;)

I need to ask my linguistic friend to translate my cache-descriptions to esperanto when I post some! The english translation shouldn't be a problem :)

Cachers who travel need to be prepared to deal with these issues. It's simply unreasonable to expect caches around the world to be published in the language that's most convenient for you.

Making English mandatory would be an unnecessary and discriminatory barrier to cache placement. And in all likelihood, many cache owners will resort to Google Translate or Babelfish... which you can do yourself.

Very well put. Why do people from the US expect everything to be in English. Heck, the US does NOT have an official language. Our Founding Fathers didn't think it was necessary.

Hey, we have just recently been to Paris, France and wanted to place a TB somewhere but it was rather difficult to pick a proper cache because many cache descriptions and instructions were written only in french which, however beautiful language it is, we unfortunately don't speak. I think it would be very helpful for many geocachers if the online descriptions were always written besides in the mother tongue also in english.

Whoa. :( When in France... do as the French do! Or use Babelfish. Um... I'm not a politically correct type of person, but that does seem rather... anglo-centered?