Cant' send cetain GC's to Etrex Legend HCx

i'm leaving tomorrow for a trip and wanted to load a GC tour with Greasemonkey extension, but it doesn't load all the cahces.

so i tried loading them individually, but i can't load them.

ie). i try to send GC11XK0 to my GPS and it doesn't show up in the GEOCACHE section, but it shows up on the map, but i can't click on it to see the details etc.

please HELP. i need to load up my GPS.

never had this problem before. i tried a master reset, but it still happens.

well feel like a total KNOB. :P

they are all there :lol: . i just wasted an hour and a 1/2 resetting, loading & reloading, deleting, googling etc only to have it be a simple setting like that.

anyway, i got them all loaded up and hopefully i have time in the next few days to get some of those far away ones on our road trip out to the lake and back.

again, thank you very much for your help.

Glad it worked for you. This is an issue with Garmin's that causes problems for a lot of folks.

your're telling me. i was ready to huck the thing out the window.

anyway, glad they are all there, but too bad you can't sore them by distance, only by name.

but they all show up on the map in order, so that's good.

thanks again.

mods feel free to lock this thread.

PDOP's" has been very helpful.

When you're actually on the road sorting by distance is a useful feature for quickly selecting caches close to your location.

yeah, i like sorting by CLOSEST TO ME, but i just wish it showed all of them.

anyway, they are all there and i'm just glad it wasn't a hardware/software issue.

I know that seems like a good idea, but it's only because you have a very specific set of circumstances. All the waypoints are extending out in one direction from your home location. In most real-life situations, waypoints are going to be a scattershot, with your home location anywhere within them. In that situation, sorting by distance stops being useful pretty quickly. You may have two caches listed 40 miles away, listed next to each other, but they're actually 80 miles apart. Listing time together has no real meaning, as there's no real geographical relationship between them.

I know that seems like a good idea, but it's only because you have a very specific set of circumstances. All the waypoints are extending out in one direction from your home location. In most real-life situations, waypoints are going to be a scattershot, with your home location anywhere within them. In that situation, sorting by distance stops being useful pretty quickly. You may have two caches listed 40 miles away, listed next to each other, but they're actually 80 miles apart. Listing time together has no real meaning, as there's no real geographical relationship between them.

true, very true. that makes sense.