PQ problem: download PQ preview as GPX

PizzaPronto

Guys,

For one or the other reason, the PQ don't make it into my mailbox. I turned off spam filter and AV, but still they don't arrive (the scheduled ones do arrive, but the ones that I create on the fly)

I can preview the PQ, select all and then download them. The problem is that they are in LOC format while I'd need GPX format. Any idea how to download a list of caches in GPX format?

Tx!

Guys,

For one or the other reason, the PQ don't make it into my mailbox. I turned off spam filter and AV, but still they don't arrive (the scheduled ones do arrive, but the ones that I create on the fly)

I can preview the PQ, select all and then download them. The problem is that they are in LOC format while I'd need GPX format. Any idea how to download a list of caches in GPX format?

Tx!

You have to get the emailed PQ if you want GPX.

Try using a different email address. I highly recommend a free gmail account.

My guess would be that you are not checking a day to run. Does the PQ grid show a last run date? Remember you have to select a day even if you want it right away.

Team Taran

I can check whatever I want, when I go to 'overview' it will not show a 'last run' date. I selected every day of the week, and I have entered a correct email address.

The result is what I want, but there's no way I can get the GPX file from the result :(

The only thing that works is to schedule it (it will create the results and send it, and add a 'last run' entry), but there are times that you want GPX's on the fly... Any help would be appreciated.

I can check whatever I want, when I go to 'overview' it will not show a 'last run' date. I selected every day of the week, and I have entered a correct email address.

The result is what I want, but there's no way I can get the GPX file from the result :(

The only thing that works is to schedule it (it will create the results and send it, and add a 'last run' entry), but there are times that you want GPX's on the fly... Any help would be appreciated.

I agree with Team Taran, GC does not output the results from the preview search as a GPX due to the amount of info that it holds, since it is just a preview. You have to wait for it to be sent to your email address for all the info, which does mean getting in the que for a PQ which on a global level, usualy takes 5-10 minutes and sometimes more when the site has a high demand on it.

Since we learned that the old GE was nearly crashing the site (Raine's explanation) we know a little bit more about the potential weekness in GS/GC's servers, and I don't think that requesting GC to output a GPX in preview mode would be wise or that nessesary.

I know that we want what we want now, but sometimes we have to wait for the greater good.... :)

Indeed, getting GPX data by pressing the Download button on the preview is not possible. Note that that would also only give you data for at most 20 caches. The only way that you could get GPX data by pressing buttons is if you then open each cache page and click the GPX button there. Sometimes that might be suitable for you.

But you can actually get the "on the fly" effect that you seek. Let's say that you have a PQ set up that you run every day and it has already run so you know it it cannot be run yet again today; but you NEED it to run again because you really want the very freshest data. Note that in the PQ table is a column called "Copy"; clicking the icon there for the PQ you want to run on the fly makes an exact copy of it except that the name starts with "Copy...". Figure out which day it is in Pacific Time Zone and schedule it for that day. It should run within a few seconds or minutes. Obviously you need to have fewer than 39 lines occupied in that table, because that's all there is room for.