GPS advice: Garmin GPS 60CSx FOR MAC USERS

Hey everyone, I recently got into Geocaching, and wanted to get more a little more serious with my equipment.

I have needed some help, as I have been looking into several personal gps, I have up to this point been using my car's gps, which is not very practical. I went through most of the forums here, googled programs and cross checked items on amazon and am kinda feeling more confused then when I started. So I apologize if it is a topic that may have been already covered, but the main reason behind my inquiry is that I am a MAC user who doesn't have a I-phone, and kinda wanted to go the old fashion way. I wanted to be able to sync caches to this gps through my computer.

If anyone else here has a mac and a gps they like that can sync with it, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Hey everyone, I recently got into Geocaching, and wanted to get more a little more serious with my equipment.

I have needed some help, as I have been looking into several personal gps, I have up to this point been using my car's gps, which is not very practical. I went through most of the forums here, googled programs and cross checked items on amazon and am kinda feeling more confused then when I started. So I apologize if it is a topic that may have been already covered, but the main reason behind my inquiry is that I am a MAC user who doesn't have a I-phone, and kinda wanted to go the old fashion way. I wanted to be able to sync caches to this gps through my computer.

If anyone else here has a mac and a gps they like that can sync with it, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

I'm selling my Vista HCx and just got a 60CSx, and both work well with OS X and Garmin's software. Though not as full-featured as their Windows counterparts, Garmin's software for the Mac is not bad at all, and is way better than any other vendor's support of the OS. There are also programs like MacGPS Pro that support non-Garmin GPS units, but I have not had any use for the software. I'm not really into GCing yet like I wanted to be, but I'm working on it, and my experience with OS X and the Garmins has been great. The only thing I've need Windows for is rolling back firmware on the Vista once for the GPS chipset.

Play with some of the software that is available as demo to see how you like it. That's the best way to go without having to drop cash right off the bat.

Thanks!

Go to Maccaching.com use this app to sync GPS with Mac (and PDA) very easy to use interface.

I have a Colorado 300 and the Garmin apps (for Mac) work pretty well.

I have National Geographic Topo and it works okay with the GPS but the app itself is kinda flaky/slow. Reads/writes, tracks, waypoints, gpx files fine.

I do have Garmin City Navigator 2010 and it works well.

Quickly tested a few other apps and what I have tried at least communicates and uploads/downloads okay.

Plenty of Mac maps available at gpsfiledepot. Also, you can get routable maps here -> http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php