Very Confused by New Cache Notifications

goonybird

I've got numerous notifications about new caches published in my area this last 2 weeks, by 2 users in particular. So i went to gsak and searched for their caches...nada....

then went to the profile link in the email......neither of these users has any caches listed. 0. not a single 1.

What's going on?

Should I mention their names?

I've got numerous notifications about new caches published in my area this last 2 weeks, by 2 users in particular. So i went to gsak and searched for their caches...nada....

then went to the profile link in the email......neither of these users has any caches listed. 0. not a single 1.

What's going on?

Yes.

You said you went to GSAK to look them up, maybe they were not in your PQ or posted after your last PQ.

What's going on?

Yes.

You said you went to GSAK to look them up, maybe they were not in your PQ or posted after your last PQ.

Exactly why I followed the link in one of the emails.

Both users have 0 finds, 0 owned.....

very strange..

Ok, as I check the links in the emails, i discover that when I go to the link for the cache, rather than the user profile link, or the log entry link in the profile, I am being shown a cache with a totally different user.

So are the Website Reviwers' names showing up in the notifications, istead of the names of the users that placed teh cache? that's confusing

Yes, the notification keys off the "Published" log left by the reviewer when they listed the cache.

I get several questions e-mailed to me each month about "that cache you just hid." So, don't feel bad.

Ok:-) good to know.....very confusing though for n00bs