Loading caches into Colorado 400T through GSAK?

Hello Everyone!

I cannot figure out how to load caches into my Colorado 400T. I am using GSAK and create a GPX file......what then?

Thank you for any help!

Hi

I hope this doesnt sound negative, but what are you doing using gsak.

Create a pocket query, wait for it to be emailed to you, save the zip file to your desktop, extract the file and copy it to the GPX file on your garmin.

job done 500 caches loaded.

I have never used gsak, i like to keep it easy and this has been working for me for months.

:D

I use GSAK all the time. What you might want to try is the GSAK Colorado Export Macro

Connect your Colorado to the PC, and run the macro. The macro will 'discover' your GPS, and allow you to filter the GPX file that it creates, and it will send it to the proper folder (garmin\gpx) on your GPSr. (I'd actually guess that's what you're NOT doing manually - putting the GPX file in the proper directory!)

Macro works great!

As to burtsbodgers comment - I use GSAK for many, many things - I maintain a database of all caches in MA, and use it to filter caches by location, size, type, etc. I have multiple databases for different locations, found caches, etc.

In short, I'd counter with: How do you live without GSAK?