Calculating coordinates

thelaughingcheese

Hi im new to geo caching. the cach im trying to find is here: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...3f-29946ffff7e3 im stuck on the first stage cus it tells me to add and subtract the coordinate minutes from the number on a box but when i do, it comes out as an invalid coordinate. can you show me the full formula to calculate the answer? heres the number i found on the box (highlight it to see it):

Spoiler!

help plz :ph34r:

Edited by thelaughingcheese

ohhh.... it didnt tell me to calculate with the UTM co-ordinates, thanks =D

Actually there was a very strong instruction. Add the number on the box to the minutes of the Northings That is a UTM reference.

However the cache owner needs a lesson in UTM coords. Subtract the number on the box from the Westings There are no Westings in UTM. Only Eastings. You would think that a cacher that has a preference for UTM could at least get it right.

ohhh.... it didnt tell me to calculate with the UTM co-ordinates, thanks =D

Actually there was a very strong instruction. Add the number on the box to the minutes of the Northings That is a UTM reference.

However the cache owner needs a lesson in UTM coords. Subtract the number on the box from the Westings There are no Westings in UTM. Only Eastings. You would think that a cacher that has a preference for UTM could at least get it right.

I suspect the preference is not UTM, they were just being cute. I did notice the fupah, but let it pass.

Jim

I did notice the fupah, but let it pass.

i SO can't let the faux pas pass.

ça ne ce fait pas.

who said anything about french? That is Indian for the white man screwed up.

fascinating. which language? it does not appear to me to be of algonquin origin.

ça ne ce fait pas.

fascinating. which language? it does not appear to me to be of algonquin origin.

That is left for an exercise by the student.

ça ne ce fait pas.

That is left for an exercise by the student.

ah. there's no such thing as "indian". i have an idea as to which man screwed up.