Puzzled by Waypoints

Fluppo

Hi all.

As I download a Multicache I can sometimes also waypoints of the stages of the Cache. I am puzzled by this - the purpose of a Multi is to find out the Stages by solving some quests, but the Waypoints show the Locations of the Stages on the Map before I solve the quests for coordinates.

So I had an idea the waypoints will be used by my gps in some way - but i could not find anything else, than having them on the map.

I tried to search FAQ and knowledge base, but I found only how do I put waypoints to my own cache.

Can I use the waypoints in some way (other than spoilers on the map) ???

I'm not real clear on your question.

Some muli cache bring you from stage to stage with each stage containing the coordinates of the next.

Other multis involve going to several locations, usually signs or memorials, to obtain information that will lead you to the final cache. With these types of caches the owner will often publish the coordintes of each

reference point and will also submit them as waypoints as a convenience to other cachers.

Edited by briansnat

I have noticed the same thing....

When I put up my multicache I provided every cache coordinates and set them to be hidden from users but not from admin.

When I exported the cache to GSAK I've noticed that I can see every waypoint (the wp's that are hidden and the parking wp that's not hidden). But what I don't know is do I see the wp's because I'm the owner or is this something that the website does and I should remove the wp's?

Edited by Team Veverca

I have noticed the same thing....

When I put up my multicache I provided every cache coordinates and set them to be hidden from users but not from admin.

When I exported the cache to GSAK I've noticed that I can see every waypoint (the wp's that are hidden and the parking wp that's not hidden). But what I don't know is do I see the wp's because I'm the owner or is this something that the website does and I should remove the wp's?

You'll see the hidden wps on those that you own, that's normal.