Transfers to the 60csx - getting all the info

jejoms

First of all - I apologise for making this post. I know I should read all the threads and visit all the guidelines, but for an amateur like me there is simply to much. Or so I feel.

But to the point. I just got myself a Garmin 60 Csx - a serious upgrade from my old eTrex. I have just started to dive into all the possibilities and I have downloaded gsak which seems cool. I have also downloaded the macro which makes it possible to get up to 25 pages of info.

But this is where it stops. I (think I) have crossed out all the right squares, and gsak has made something happen. But when I try to transfer all the POIs over to the GPS, none of this new info seems to come along with it. All I get is the most basic cache info (name and number)

Is there something I have to do in the GPS to make the new pages visible, or have I done something wrong in gsak?

Thanks in advance!

-jejoms-, Norway

I don't use GSAK, but it sounds like maybe you're transferring them as Waypoints instead of POIs?

Do you have a MicroSD card installed in your 60CSx? IIRC, POIs are loaded to the external memory card, while Waypoints are loaded to the unit's internal memory. (and I might be wrong about that)

I guessing your talking about this macro. After you run it you will have to put it in a folder and run Garmin`s POI Loader pointed at that folder. Then on the GPS they will show up under POI`s, not waypoint. If you want to use another icon for them other than the 2 choices with that macro you will have to put it in that same folder and name it the same as the file (example: not found.cvs and not found.bmp You have to write protect it also so it doesnt overwrite it next time you run the macro) . If you want a different icon a good place to start would be to download the file on this page. Alter any one but leave the background color as it is so just the icon will show up on the gps. Need any more help just shoot me and e-mail, be glad to try and help.

I guessing your talking about this macro. After you run it you will have to put it in a folder and run Garmin`s POI Loader pointed at that folder. Then on the GPS they will show up under POI`s, not waypoint. If you want to use another icon for them other than the 2 choices with that macro you will have to put it in that same folder and name it the same as the file (example: not found.cvs and not found.bmp You have to write protect it also so it doesnt overwrite it next time you run the macro) . If you want a different icon a good place to start would be to download the file on this page. Alter any one but leave the background color as it is so just the icon will show up on the gps. Need any more help just shoot me and e-mail, be glad to try and help.

This looks more or less like what I have already done. I'm a bit unsure wether I put the points in a folder the correct way or not.

Anyway, thank you for offering to help me! I get in contact after this weekend. Right now I'm more ready for the outdoors than struggeling with GSAK macros. I might even find a cache or two :D

Short of the macro above and GSAK, keep in mind that the 60CSX isn't a unit designed to be a paperless Geocaching unit. Even with the macro you will find many cache listings are split across multiple POI points.

The Garmin Colorado and Oregon series are true paperless units as are the Delorme PN series and the upcoming Lowrance Endura series.