Visiting Cape Town

stanleys

We will coming from Australia and visiting Cape Town from 4th to 12th July. We are hoping to pick up some caches to add another country to our list. Mrs S is going to a conference and Mr S is being a tourist including a few days at a game lodge out from Port Elizabeth.

Would love the chance to meet some SA cachers as we are from the other SA (South Australia).

What a great idea. We will have to see if we can collect some trackables to bring with us.

Silly question - Would a reviewer approve us holding an event in SA?

Where would be a good place to have a breakfast gathering? We are staying around the V&A waterfront area.

Silly question - Would a reviewer approve us holding an event in SA?

Not a silly question at all.

The answer is yes, if the event complies with the event listing guidelines

You'll probably need some local help with selecting the venue, making the arrangements, and taking co-ords for the location.

Enjoy your trip!!

CT has many amazing caches. Your only problem will be selecting which to hunt. :)

Edited to add: Highly recommended is the oldest active cache in SA.

It's about a 6 kms easy hike there and back if I remember correctly, but if you're typical geocachers then call that 8 kms because you'll probably return via the skyline path and pick up a few more caches on the way back... ;)

Edited by Fish Eagle

Thanks heaps MnCo. Whilst the menu at Quay4 looked like really good pub food, breakfast is probably a better idea.

We do need the local knowledge and assistance to help us get this event happening. Probably looking at Saturday 11th July.

How many would you expect along to a breakfast event to meet a couple of Aussies?

I think you are right, breakfast is probably better.

A fellow cacher has suggested a place called New York Bagels in Sea Point (just outside the V&A) as being a popular place for events. They don't appear to have a website, but I did find this about them (click here). I've emailed them for more information.