Waymarking Request

Odyssey Posse

Daniel Oliveira suggested I post my request here. If someone could translate it for me, I would greatly appreciate it!

My name is Duane Bolin, and my Geocaching username is Odyssey Posse. Here is a link to my Geocaching profile: http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=29...c2-a1e7f4ed9836

I am writing to ask if you would help me obtain a personal waymark based upon my username. Here is a link to the Waymarking category called "Where's In A Name?": http://www.Waymarking.com/cat/details.aspx...3f&exp=True

That page explains what it is I am trying to do.

My username (Odyssey Posse) converts numerically to the following North latitude line: N 40 17.397. What I need someone in Portugal to do is the following:

Take a photo of your GPSr (with the coords clearly visible) at ANY coord. (choice is yours) that intersects with N 40 17.397. For example, it could be taken at the intersection of N 40 17.397 and ANY longitude. A photo of the surrounding area would be great as well! Then, just email me the photos with any details you want to share about the area.

If this sounds like something you could help me with, let me know! Thanks for your help!

Duane Bolin

Odyssey Posse

P.S. My son, Seth, is an 11-year-old futbol (yes, we call it "soccer" here in the U.S.) player, and he idolizes Cristiano Ronaldo. He once wrote a school paper about his dream of playing for the Portuguese National Team. It broke my heart to explain to him how his U.S. citizenship would likely impede that dream. :-)

Se calhar era mais fácil falar com um tipo qualquer do Nevada.... :( Não percebi porque tem que ser Portugal.... Será que é por causa do Ronaldo? Olha, Madrid também fica perto dessa coordenada... E a Covilhã também! Liga ao Sócrates, compra um Magalhães e leva a foto de oferta.... :( Se bem que o Socrates antes preferiria tirar a foto em Souselas... para mostrar aos tipos dos States que foi ali onde ele aprendeu a ser teimoso... e a lixar os portugueses!!

Daniel Oliveira suggested I post my request here. If someone could translate it for me, I would greatly appreciate it!

My name is Duane Bolin, and my Geocaching username is Odyssey Posse. Here is a link to my Geocaching profile: http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=29...c2-a1e7f4ed9836

I am writing to ask if you would help me obtain a personal waymark based upon my username. Here is a link to the Waymarking category called "Where's In A Name?": http://www.Waymarking.com/cat/details.aspx...3f&exp=True

That page explains what it is I am trying to do.

My username (Odyssey Posse) converts numerically to the following North latitude line: N 40 17.397. What I need someone in Portugal to do is the following:

Take a photo of your GPSr (with the coords clearly visible) at ANY coord. (choice is yours) that intersects with N 40 17.397. For example, it could be taken at the intersection of N 40 17.397 and ANY longitude. A photo of the surrounding area would be great as well! Then, just email me the photos with any details you want to share about the area.

If this sounds like something you could help me with, let me know! Thanks for your help!

Duane Bolin

Odyssey Posse

P.S. My son, Seth, is an 11-year-old futbol (yes, we call it "soccer" here in the U.S.) player, and he idolizes Cristiano Ronaldo. He once wrote a school paper about his dream of playing for the Portuguese National Team. It broke my heart to explain to him how his U.S. citizenship would likely impede that dream. :-)

Are the coordinates N 40 17.397 W 008 26.778 good for you? If you want, choose others in a 5km radius and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers!

Se calhar era mais fácil falar com um tipo qualquer do Nevada.... :D Não percebi porque tem que ser Portugal.... Será que é por causa do Ronaldo? Olha, Madrid também fica perto dessa coordenada... E a Covilhã também! Liga ao Sócrates, compra um Magalhães e leva a foto de oferta.... :rolleyes: Se bem que o Socrates antes preferiria tirar a foto em Souselas... para mostrar aos tipos dos States que foi ali onde ele aprendeu a ser teimoso... e a lixar os portugueses!!

Try to be a little more polite and post in the OP language, please