Were do you make your own Geocoins?

trvl dynamo

This should probably be moved to the geocoin forum, for the best answer, or maybe the noob forum, so others with the same question can see it.

If you go to the Geocaching homepage, you'll see some links on the left side of the page. Click the one that says "Trackable Items".

From there you'll see 3 big boxes, "Geocoins", "Trackables" and "Promotionals"

In the Geocoin box, click on "Geocoin Home", then scroll down a bit till you see several tabs under "Geocoin Information"

Click the tab labelled "Geocoin Manufacturers & Resellers".

All of these will work well for your needs. The most prominent around these parts are OakCoins and HogWildStuff.

Also, in the Geocoin box, you should check out the Geocoins FAQ and How To Log A Geocoin links.

Good luck!

-Sean

Edited by Clan Riffster

All things geocoin can pretty much be found here.

There is a list of approved manufacturers and retailers there as well.

People in the geocoin section can be very helpful if you have specific questions about the process but we cannot recommend specific vendors openly on the board per the moderating team.

Good luck!

Definitely check out ThePetersTrio's link. That is a really good start. If you're not ready to actually drop a bunch of money (it is not inexpensive) to have your own coins made from scratch, then a good option is to talk to the various vendors listed in the linked thread. Many of them have a kind of "co-share" program, where they produce your coin for you and you get paid in a certain number of coins (depending on how many they sell).

If you have a specific idea for a coin, shop the idea around and see what the vendors are willing to do for you.

Also, look for threads titled "sig items" or "wooden nickel" etc -- there are less expensive alternatives to geocoins, especially if you're only interested in a limited number of items. Browse around and you can find some pretty neat ideas.

Welcome!

Ya, geocoins are very expensive. A fairly basic coin seems to cost around $1,000 to have made. Not cheap :D

I don't want to discourage you in the least, but having a coin made is a very expensive undertaking. Jackalgirl's suggestion about co-sharing with one of the approved vendors is a great way to get your own design made and getting a few traders out of it too.

I am currently working on my fourth coin design, and my first in which I am working directly with the mint in China. It is a time consuming -- and sometimes aggravating -- process! Including the tracking numbers and icon purchased from Groundspeak, my 200 coins will cost just under $1100 US.

I hope to see your coin designs come to life sometime soon!