Best in your Area

If you could only recommend one GC in your state area, province, territory etc., which one would you choose? I'm working on a bookmark list of dream caches so I'm looking for suggestions and some interesting discussion.

I have already picked out things like the original plaque, the tunnel of light ape cache and Delorme headquarters in Maine, but these are all open to debate. I think a really great cache or special spot would trump anything historical.

I will be starting my trek in the North West U.S so those areas are tops on my list, specifically Vancouver BC.

If you could only recommend one GC in your state area, province, territory etc., which one would you choose? I'm working on a bookmark list of dream caches so I'm looking for suggestions and some interesting discussion.

I have already picked out things like the original plaque, the tunnel of light ape cache and Delorme headquarters in Maine, but these are all open to debate. I think a really great cache or special spot would trump anything historical.

I will be starting my trek in the North West U.S so those areas are tops on my list, specifically Vancouver BC.

I can't say for my whole state (Mississippi) since I've only found eight caches and, not counting the one found in Florida, all have been in the Mississippi Delta area.

Of the ones I have found, I guess my #1 suggestion would be Dockery Plantation. This is a former 10,000 acre cotton plantation and is supposedly where the Delta Blues musical genre was born. I'm not sure if it's the kind you're looking for though.

Since I'M currently replying a few times in the GCVote thread I may share with you that you could install GCVote in GSAK and with this macroyou would be able to know those with the highest ratings in the area you plan to visit.

This, of course, only if there are votes on the geocaches in that area. Over 132000 caches of the 810000+ worldwide currently have a rating. By the time you will read this, number will be over 133000.

Hope this help.

Edited by Rhialto