Plastic Geocoin?

Whistler94

The "GeoGems" are already made out of plastic, too, and they look wonderful -- and I like that because they're made out of plastic, they're less expensive.

I think that a plexiglass or clear/translucent coin could be very, very neat if designed & executed properly. An opaque one might even be cool, too, depending on the design & plastic used (glitter? swirly?). I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

What would you all say to a plexiglass geocoin? Standard size and maybe a little thicker. CNC routed to make for a very crisp and clean coin. any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

No thanks. Plexiglass isn't metal and therefore is a signature item, not a coin. If I found it in a cache I would trade it out if it looked cool. I would also probably trade for it, but I wouldn't buy it.

Not all coins are made of metal! Geogems are plastic!

On the other hand... even real coins are not always made of metal! Some commemoratives are made or wood, or acrylic.....

Here is a photo of an acrylic coin (commemorative coin) From Congo with the face value of 10 Francs!!

congo10fr.jpg