Mailing Mystery Coins

Khal

Being active and helpful on the forums is one way of getting noticed. Each mystery give has there own way of selecting who gets their coins but I have noticed that it's the more outgoing members that are usually chosen first.

Jump in and become an active part of the community and someday your surprise may appear in your mailbox or a cache near you. Enjoy the fun of hearing the stories of how others get their coin. GOOD LUCK

Hello Khal. As Dark Elf has pointed out the address book is one way of having your address available to the geocoiners community. Basically all you have to do is go to the thread that Dark Elf has provided the link for and post a request for an invitation to join it. Usually pretty quickly after doing that some kind soul will post asking you to send them your E-Mail address so they can send you an invitation (it is by invitation only). It's really a pretty simple process and who knows you may even find that it's fun to become a mystery sender and send out a coin or two anonymously (be forewarned like all things associated with geocoins it can become addictive). When you fill out your information in the address book I'd recommend filling it out as completely as possible which would include filling out your birthdate (some people include the year some don't, it's your call). Also, if you fill out the comments column it will help other geocoiners get to know you a bit more. Don't forget after you get in the address book to update your address information if you move since it would be shame if a mystery coin were sent to you and it couldn't find it's way to you.

There are other ways to also catch gifters attention. I think probably the best way is to become involved in the geocoin community (I see luckycharmer beat me to this point, but I'll leave it since it's important and a little repetition of this point can't hurt). You'll find it has some of the nicest people around and they welcome newcomers very readily. Ways to get involved are through participating in the cointests (there always seems to be at least one running around here), introducing yourself via a post in the geocoin forum, if somebody asks a question and you happen to know the answer be helpful and provide the answer, etc.. Basically just become a contributing member to this special group of people.

Of course none of the above will guarantee you receive a mystery coin, but if nothing else it will make your time here in the geocoin forum more enjoyable. Welcome to the geocoin forum! :grin:

Edited by Y.A.S.S.!

Ahem...a stupid question: my english is not that good....can anybody explain what "more outgoing" means? :P

That's not a stupid question at all. I'd describe more outgoing as making yourself visible and accessible to others. Like participating in whatever is being discussed and like what luckycharmer was saying in her post on this subject. I would say you are an outgoing member of this geocoin forum by your participation in cointests, congratulating others on their good fortunes, and answering questions like you did for the OP of this forum thread.

As far as your English goes I'd say it's very good and I wish I could speak another language as good as you do. My hat's off to you for your bilingual skills. I'm always amazed by people like you that can learn more than one language! :grin:

Edit to fix some of my own bad spelling and grammar. You'd never know it by some of my silly mistakes that English is my native language!

Edited by Y.A.S.S.!

:D Do not worry about bad english or spelling mistakes... we all do! Hmm.. I am doing more because I post a lot! B)

Well... I am sure they can understand my posts! If I was writing them in my language.... I am sure they would look greek to all of you!!! :)

Yes! Mystery coiners have a strange way of finding our addresses etc! The list is a good way, but even if you are not in this list, it doesn't mean that you are not in their list! :grin:

The best thing is to post in the foroums, participate etc! By that way we are getting know eachother better! Exept that you will make new friends, great friends, you will have much fun with the posts, the stories the cointests where you can win coins too, and who knows what the mailman may bring you one day! :P

You will see that it is nice! I was addicted in that and now here I am!!! If you see the number of posts I have, you will understand how much fun it is, and... how addicted I am! :D

Edited by GATOULIS

Ahem...a stupid question: my english is not that good....can anybody explain what "more outgoing" means? :P

I agree with what YASS has said. Your english is very good so don't worry at all about us understanding you. If you ever again don't understand something like this just ask as it may be our use of slang. Also the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked. :grin:

As for outgoing. Being used in this way in general terms and not strictly related to this forum, I think of it as the opposite of being shy.

Hi. I just wanted to add one final thought and then I'm out of here to head to the P.O.. As far as the people who English is not their native language the diversity of the contributors here is a big part of what makes this such a fun place to hang out. I may not be able to travel to England, Germany, Greece, Japan or countless other wonderful places, but through the posts of others I get to make friends all over the world. It's really pretty neat! Sorry I got a bit off topic, but I just couldn't resist contributing one final thought to the thread. :grin:

I'll agree with it ALL - some of the best "stories" come from those that participate form a land other than our own (with me - That'd be the USA)

WELCOME be forwarned though, coining IS addicting :grin::P

And get yourself into the address book :D .

Edited by fairyhoney