Upload to gps - Garmin Etrex Legend 500

I was told that my new gps would save not only the title and coords of a geocache, but the description, hints and last 5 user posts (paperless?). Does anyone know if this is possible? When I choose upload to gps, only basic info is saved. Thanks in advance!

I was told that my new gps would save not only the title and coords of a geocache, but the description, hints and last 5 user posts (paperless?). Does anyone know if this is possible? When I choose upload to gps, only basic info is saved. Thanks in advance!

If it's a Garmin eTrex Legend, I don't think so - maybe by using a GSAK Macro to use POI's and not waypoints.

I'm not familiar with the "Garmin eTrex Legend 500". Do you have a link to one of these on the web?

There is no such thing as a Etrex legend 500...The 500 probably refers to the amount of waypoints it can store. Even using GSAk you will only get the basic info about the cache, and this gps is not a paperless option. On the garmin line the only truely paperless caching gps units are the colorado and oregon line to give you whatt you want, like the 5 user posts, full description, etc...

Edited by storm180

On the garmin line the only truely paperless caching gps units are the colorado and oregon line to give you whatt you want, like the 5 user posts, full description, etc...

Or the Nuvi 5xx series.

I think we need my clarification on which exact model you own.

Ah OK yes the Legend HCx. It will show you the GC name, the name of the cache, the owner name, cache type, and difficulty/terrain rating. That's it.

You may be able to tweak the info a bit in GSAK but, nope the Legend HCx isn't considered a "fully" paperless GPSr

Ok, thanks everyone :P