Suggestion: Indicator for long cache description or if images are needed

bonstetten

Using Pocket queries (PQ) on the Garmin Oregon / Colorado results some times in following problems:

• Some cache descriptions are to long (I think > 8000 chars) and are not displayed completly on the GPS/PQ
  • Some cache descriptions need included images to find the cache. But the images are not included in the PQ

I mostly go caching with pocket queries on my Oregon.

Therefore I suggest following:

1. Add an indicator the to the cache owner that his description exclude a defined length or add an (automatic) atribute (ex "long description"), that this caches can be selected/excluded from PQ
  2. Add an cache atribute "Image needed to solve", so it is possible to exclude such caches from a PQ

Edited by bonstetten

1) If the CO already has put 10 attributes on their cache, what happens with this "description is too long" attribute?

1a) Have you lobbied Garmin to expand cache descriptions? Other vendors go to 15K characters.

2) People already don't use attributes consistently/properly, this likely won't improve.

A cache that requires viewing a photo in order to be found cannot, by definition, be listed as a traditional cache. This sort of cache would be listed as mystery/unknown. That designation should be sufficient to alert the geocacher to read the cache page for more details.