Garmin Software

gabby13

I just got a Colorodo 400c to try out.

I can return in 30 days no questions if I don't like it but thats another subject.

In tring to load the Garmin Communicator Software so I can load cache info from this site onto the Colorodo I get a message that says:

"Please close your browers before continuing. Press retry to continue, otherwise press cancel to exit installation. (If this message persists you may have to close all of your other applications)

I believe I have closed everything but it still isn't working.

Any suggestions...

By the way we entered cache info manually today and found our first cache :)

We also didn't find our second cache :anitongue:

What internet browser are you using?

Also, with the Colorado, you really don't need to use software to load the caches. You can download the GPX files directly from the individual caches pages (or better yet get Pocket Queries in GPX format emailed to you) and then just copy the GPX files directly to the garmin/gpx folder on the unit from your computer.

What internet browser are you using?

Also, with the Colorado, you really don't need to use software to load the caches. You can download the GPX files directly from the individual caches pages (or better yet get Pocket Queries in GPX format emailed to you) and then just copy the GPX files directly to the garmin/gpx folder on the unit from your computer.

What Motorcycle_Mama said!

Don't need to use the Garmin Communicator software.

(but do use the webupdater to update the software from time to time)

I just bought a Colorado 300. Got it for a GREAT price, but I am having a lot of software problems as well. First the Mapsource didn't want to install. Now the Communicator Plug In is not working right. I can enter one cache at a time, then I have to unplug it from my pc and then plug it in again to download another one. Garmin can't see to tell me what the problem is.

I just bought a Colorado 300. Got it for a GREAT price, but I am having a lot of software problems as well. First the Mapsource didn't want to install. Now the Communicator Plug In is not working right. I can enter one cache at a time, then I have to unplug it from my pc and then plug it in again to download another one. Garmin can't see to tell me what the problem is.

So don't use the Garmin Communicator. Plug in your colorado in mass storage mode and download the GPX file instead - place it in the [drive]:\garmin\gpx folder on the colorado unhook and off you go.

Better yet - learn to use Pocket Queries: http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm and you can load up to 500 at a time - unzip the PQ file and place the resulting GPX file in the folder mentioned above. No drivers, software, plugins or otherwise required with the Colorado 300.

Got it working.

Thanks for the help.

Sorry for my ignorance but it still wasn't clear.

I called Garmin and they walked me through it.

I had to make a change in my ActiveX software (can't really explain other then click on the bar and make changes).

Loaded a cache and found it.

They also sent me an e mail with how to do software and firmware updates which I did and it worked fine.

Still not sure the Colorodo c is right for me.

I still think it could us a little more brightness on the screen when over land.

I did play with some profile settings that seem to have selected a brighter background for land that might help.

The more I play with it the more I find things.