Ignorlist in Geocaching/Map

krasi

In Geocaching/Map I can "Hide my Finds and I can Hide my Caches".

Why it´s not possible to Hide my Ignorlist?

I actually think that caches on the Ignorelist shouldn't be displayed on the Geocaching map by default.

I like to use the map to plan my caching trips and it is quite annoying that the ignored caches are still visible there. That makes the ignore list pretty useless.

Use a Pocket Query and the Google maps preview instead. Looks the same but you have many more options to filter the caches, including leaving out those from your ignore list.

To use Pocket Query is to complex for a short view.

For tour planning I use "Pocket Query - GSAK incl.Filter and Macro MyGMEv3"

To use Pocket Query is to complex for a short view.

I can't see what's so complex about doing a single click:

pocketpreview.png

You can setup a single PQ for that, which never runs. The only thing you probably need to change is the origin for the PQ. I usually select a waypoint code from the center of the area I'm interested in - easy to grab from the "normal" map.

Any one else think this might be useful?

Krasi

YES!!! It has been discussed before, but there has been no response from TPTB. It would be nice to know if it has made the list of things to do. Seems like a very useful feature that wouldn't be that difficult to implement. I bought my premium membership so I could ignore the multitude of trash cashes that are popping up and now find that after I ignore them they still don't go away.

Krasi

YES!!! It has been discussed before, but there has been no response from TPTB. It would be nice to know if it has made the list of things to do. Seems like a very useful feature that wouldn't be that difficult to implement. I bought my premium membership so I could ignore the multitude of trash cashes that are popping up and now find that after I ignore them they still don't go away.

It is not very high on the list of things to do, considering there are other ways to accomplish this that some already mentioned here. When we have fixed some high priority issues we may have more time for this one.

Krasi

It is not very high on the list of things to do, considering there are other ways to accomplish this that some already mentioned here. When we have fixed some high priority issues we may have more time for this one.

We hear this often. "It isn't a priority." "Maybe after we get some of the priority stuff done." Just because I'm the curious type I'd like to know. What are the priorities on the list and how are they coming along?

Krasi

I have tested the suggestion from EIGENGOTT. It is easier than I thought. Nevertheless, I can select only one determined radius. If I would like to see (e.g) Caches from my home coordinates only to the south,

I have to set up different PQ.

With Geocaching.com/map I can shift the map in my desired direction without any more activities.

I think to act my suggestion will make the handling quite more easier.

I, too, would like to filter out the ignored caches on the map. I do the PQ method mentioned above, but the filter would be cool. Since a cache, even the ignored ones, occupy their locked-sphere of influence, perhaps instead of completely hiding them on the map they could have an opacity of 10% or so. That way they are there but very faint.

I have tested the suggestion from EIGENGOTT. It is easier than I thought. Nevertheless, I can select only one determined radius. If I would like to see (e.g) Caches from my home coordinates only to the south,

With Geocaching.com/map I can shift the map in my desired direction without any more activities.

Agree but mapping issues here are never important. Since that's all I use, it is my top priority. I finally saw what I thought was a benefit that justified a premium membership and then found out it isn't there. Trick me once.....

What happens now with this and many other good suggestions?

It apparently goes on a list. I'm not sure but I think this list is kept in the back of the bottom drawer of Nate's desk behind the stale Snickers bar and a desiccated old pb&j.

This are dismal prospects.

Regards Siggi (Krasi)

eigengott's method is OK as a workaround. It's awkward and uses more time to get a less than desirable result... but it's better than what I was doing before. Wonder if any of OpinioNates' other methods included the ability to drag the map around picking up and discarding caches based on distance from the new center of the map?

If you bring forward a new idea it is possible, however remotely, that something may come from it. If you don't bring it forward it has no chance at all.

I wish those at frog central would be a bit more responsive. Give us some sort of idea just what is going on. What are the big priorities? What kind of progress is being made? Why is there so much of what appears to be secrecy at HQ?

Agree but mapping issues here are never important. Since that's all I use, it is my top priority. I finally saw what I thought was a benefit that justified a premium membership and then found out it isn't there. Trick me once.....

Mapping is all I use also. I don't like lists that bounce you in every direction from your center point. I'd like the suggestion implemented and it would be nice to see a list of the priorities posted, even if it was on a forum that you couldn't respond to.

Absolutely it would be useful. Sometimes I want to see every cache in an area in the simplest way possible. The PQ system is not a reasonable substitute for cache searches and map browsing--different ways of working. Plus, the 40 PQ limit and clumsy interface are barriers. I would like to see a checkbox for including caches (at least the active ones) on my Ignore List in searches and on the map.

Also, there appears to be a bug in searches where items on my Ignore List result in records found but no caches listed. This happens when using the PQ interface, too (with "Are not on my ignore list" unchecked).

With so many caches out there, an efficient and predictable search system is essential. If this is not a medium-high priority, I can't imagine what is.

Edited by bigeddy

Nine months later and after some major interface revisions the ignore list still stymies searches. Queries do not display them either, and I am unaware of any other methods. We really need an option to display the ignore list when desired. Please.

Recently I wanted to look at my own ignore list but the search came up empty because, of course, it ignored those caches. Then I had an area in mind to place a new cache and so checked proximity of active caches, but the search missed some because they were on my ignore list--foiled again! What workaround do you suggest?