Garmin City Navigator

Any input on this?

I do map my routes, but I use GC.com/ Google Earth, can't figure MapSource out, so would I be better off going with the SD Card? Currently have Garmin eTrex Vista, although getting a Oregon 400t tomorrow for Mom's Day (see they do love me :-D ).

Is mapping really the only difference?

Any input on this?

I do map my routes, but I use GC.com/ Google Earth, can't figure MapSource out, so would I be better off going with the SD Card? Currently have Garmin eTrex Vista, although getting a Oregon 400t tomorrow for Mom's Day (see they do love me :-D ).

Is mapping really the only difference?

DVD: Maps on the PC, unlocked to one unit only.

SD: No PC maps, usable in as many compatible units as you own.

Unless you're going to be swapping maps between multiple units, get the DVD.

If you get the card, you're stuck with that map-set at any one time. If you wanted to add topo maps at a later date, you're out of luck. With the DVD, you would just select the City Navigator and Topo segments you want, and they all get loaded on your blank card together.

The map card is also locked, so you can't use it to store custom POIs and track logs.

And finally, maps on cards are not valid for NuMap update subscriptions, since those have to be loaded via MapSource.

Edited by Prime Suspect