PA State Gamelands caches

FourRiverRatz

PA Game Commission does not require any permits, however you will more than likely be required to post a requirement regarding blaze orange. I've got several in the local game lands. I am an avid hunter so I can enjoy both hobbies while nosing through the woods.

Always helpful to post a link to the hunting seasons as well - not everyone will read them but it helps.

ohhhhhhh, don't forget the MAPS - they show the trails and other information that google or other programs don't have. Makes planning a multi or complex cache easier - or to keep things secret - straight line is not always the best ;)

PA state game lands are allowed (so far) without permission, as long as the cache doesn't interfere with hunters . Game lands, salaries, etc. are (again, so far) paid for from hunting licenses. Get in a scrape with a hunter and nine-times-outta-ten the hunter's gonna win and your cache is out.

CJ had one "discovered" once and went through a lengthy ordeal with the game commission. Luckily had a lot of help from a cacher involved with the state and was allowed "with conditions"...

Common sense rules apply.

If you see a "natural" stand or berm, don't place one there, as a hunter's probably found that spot too.

If it's turkey season, ask folks to cache after 1200 noon.

If it's deer season, temp. disable the cache until eason's over if it's in a high-traffic area.

However...

You mentioned later in your post DCNR - a completely different entity.

DCNR DOES require permission for caches on their lands.

They review the area you want to place, to make sure you're not gonna destroy critical habitat or flora. Then if all's okay, they'll give you a DCNR sticker to adhere on your cache.

Your reviewer will be sure you put the "approved by DCNR" part on your cache page.

DCNR caches have a time limit of a few years (I think it's three) and must be removed when times up. They believe in time a "trail" will lead to the area and they don't want that.

DCNR has some beautiful areas ! If the site's grand enough , it's worth the little work involved.

Good luck with your hide !

Cache safe.