Problem changing profile

HaLiJuSaPa

I went to change info in my profile the other day and noticed that instead of the neat form with sections for where you're from, employment, etc. I just see a giant HTML editing area that basically is your "description" later.

Is this a bug, or is there a different way I can't seem to figure out to do this now? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

That works, thanks!

Note to Admin: Maybe you should change that feature, it's very confusing and quite un-user friendly until you actually get to the account details section.

I got to the details but when I click on the Submit changes it refuses my name, which I did not change:(

Go to the righthand column of the My Profile page to the section called "Account Options". First item should be "View My Account Details". That page has all the data sectioned off and each section has it's own "Change" or "Change/Add" link.

Tried that, still can't change my address. The form doesn't like any name I type into the first/last name slot so I can't change anything else. Do I have to be a premium member?

Now that I've recently updated my profile page, certain parts of it don't display correctly. (alignment, non-working links, sections out of sequence) However, using 'Preview Profile Details', everything looks and works fine. I don't get it. I thought maybe I had exceeded an HTML character limit, that was until I discovered the perfect preview.

Now that I've recently updated my profile page, certain parts of it don't display correctly. (alignment, non-working links, sections out of sequence) However, using 'Preview Profile Details', everything looks and works fine. I don't get it. I thought maybe I had exceeded an HTML character limit, that was until I discovered the perfect preview.

If it matters to anyone (admin) at all.....

WinXP Home

MS IE 7.0.5730.13

Mozilla FireFox 2.0.0.20

Problem is with 'Our Caches' and 'Fellow GeoCachers We've Met' sections.

I'm no HTML expert or anything.

I just copied my stats from GSAK and made some modifications.

Newly added links don't work, and location/alignment is off.

Looks great in Preview, not in actual public profile.

BAD: http://www.geocaching.com/profile/

GOOD: http://www.geocaching.com/account/preview_...iledetails.aspx

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

I too had some of these problems when GS first implemented an update a few months ago.

I found that the new software was much less forgiving for "bad" HTML codes. Although the "Preview" still would show it as I wanted it, the actual page would not. Key one I found was the line break command. It now must have the space between the "br" and the "/". Like this:

<br /><br />

Edited by Cache O'Plenty