Oregon and Memory Map

I've just upgraded from a Legend HCX to an Oregon 200. Great piece of kit, but I now find that Memory Map and Oregon do not communicate. I use the Legend for both caching and walking and load tracks and marks into MM and then can print out a map of the route. This I cannot do with the Oregon. Garmin FAQ page shows a way of loading from MM to Oregon via Mapsource but not the other way about. Anyone know a way round this?

I believe you need the latest version of Memory Map to interface with the Oregon/Colorado from it. However, I'm not sure if that extends to the tracks and routing.

Jon.

Thanks Jon,

I seem to have it sussed. By downloading from Oregon into EasyGPS and then "Save As" as a .GPX file which can then be opened in Memory Map.

What a timely post, Greyboots! I am having power problems with my Legend Cx and am thinking about upgrading to an Oregon or Colorado. I already have MemoryMap Version 5.0.0 and Mapsource.

Question - could i load the maps from Mapsource into the newer units? I see that i will have trouble communicating with MM!

And which is best for caching - the Oregon or the Colorado?

What a timely post, Greyboots! I am having power problems with my Legend Cx and am thinking about upgrading to an Oregon or Colorado. I already have MemoryMap Version 5.0.0 and Mapsource.

Question - could i load the maps from Mapsource into the newer units? I see that i will have trouble communicating with MM!

To get marks and tracks from or to Oregon from or to MM they have to be "saved as " .GPX files and then moved into the appropriate folder to be read. I tried using Mapsource to do this but it crashed each time I tried to save file. I eventually downloaded EasyGPS and this worked fine.

I have no experience of the Colorado so can't compare. I've had the Oregon for only a week but first impressions are very favourable.

To get marks and tracks from or to Oregon from or to MM they have to be "saved as " .GPX files and then moved into the appropriate folder to be read. I tried using Mapsource to do this but it crashed each time I tried to save file. I eventually downloaded EasyGPS and this worked fine.

Does exporting direct from MM as .gpx not work then?

Does exporting direct from MM as .gpx not work then?

According to Garmin MM and Oregon/Colorado do not communicate due to the GPS being Mass Storage Units