Question about paperless

I have recently downloaded the Nintendo DS app for going paperless and I have also downloaded the custom POI's to my Garmin 60cxs. My next question deals with a Sony PRS ereader, although both of the above mentioned apps are fantastic, and I would like to thank the authors for them, I was wondering if anyone has had any success converting the gpx files to pdf and used an ereader? I know it seems a bit bulkier, but the screen size is definately bigger. Since the only part of geocaching that my helps me with is in reading the notes onparticular caches as I drive ( she refuses to learn to use the gps) I thought a full size screen would be a great way to go. I have run searches on this but have not found anything, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I don't have any experience. I did ask about using the Kindle once but the response was not very positive.

The main issue for me with your proposal is that formatting each cache page into a PDF is very labor intensive. I prefer the convenience of just dumping the raw data into Cachemate and letting it do the formatting for display. An alternative to an eBook reader may be a cheap Netbook with an offline HTML reader. You get a color display, and since you're using it in the car, battery life is not a problem.

If you have a PC you could install a PDF distiller (installs like a printer in Windows). Then if you have software on your PC which will allow you to print the cache information you could just print cache information to PDF files. Then just use a PDF viewer on your handheld device to read it. I did this for a while on my Palm TX for reading cache information out in the field, small screen though.

Print Key 2000 is a PDF distiller which is free. There are many others.

Mike