Field Notes Enhancements

Corfman Clan

I use the field notes feature to log caches that I found with my Garmin Oregon. Here are some things I'd like to see:

• Every time I upload field notes, all the field notes from my previous upload are included. I always need to delete these fieldnotes. It would be nice if the date & time from last upload was set to the last fieldnote uploaded instead of the first??
  • Save where field notes file is located. Each time I go to upload field notes, I always have to browse to where the file is located and select it. It would be very nice if the file location could be saved. Either in a cookie or in my profile.
  • I always include the time found when I log a cache. Currently I open the fieldnotes file separately to see the time I found the cache. It would be nice if both the time and date were shown instead of just the date.

Edited by Corfman Clan

I have contacted Garmin about an easy erase method for clearing out that text file. Right now - I remember to delete the file after uploading it so the old ones never show again. The unit rebuilds the file on its own.

Might be the better answer.

It would be nice to display the time in the note but Groundspeak's system does not store the time of the find in an explicit field.