New PQ Issue

Yesterday I re-ran some PQs. I have always had them output as ".loc" files because I can transfer them to my GPS from my Mac with the driver I have.

It has always worked in the past. Yesterday's run produced files that would not load properly. When I looked at the files, I noticed that there were no carriage returns in the new file. I also noticed the new file was coded as "UTF-8" while the old ones were coded as "ISO-8859-1."

What gives?

Is there any way to correct/change the coding?

Yesterday I re-ran some PQs. I have always had them output as ".loc" files because I can transfer them to my GPS from my Mac with the driver I have.

It has always worked in the past. Yesterday's run produced files that would not load properly. When I looked at the files, I noticed that there were no carriage returns in the new file. I also noticed the new file was coded as "UTF-8" while the old ones were coded as "ISO-8859-1."

What gives?

Is there any way to correct/change the coding?

I tried some old pq's yesterday would not download to e-mail, tried a new one this morning same issue using gpx code.

Edited by BM & BM

I actually figured out what happened. (Gosh, I'm good at troubleshooting computer glittches.)

It seems that at least in the ".loc" files someone changed the spelling for the slang term for coordinate. It had been "coord" as in "<coord lat ...>" and now is "cord" as in "<cord lat ...>"

Opening the file in Word and going a global search and replace seems to fix things just fine.