Zoom to address not working

GeoScooter1

I am unable to use the "zoom to address" feature for the Mapit section. Nothing happens at all.

What is wrong and when will it be fixed?

thanks.

AHA...seems to partially work in IE, but shows error on page. I normally use Firefox and that seems to be where the problem is for me. Very frustrating.

Edited by GeoScooter1

I am unable to use the "zoom to address" feature for the Mapit section. Nothing happens at all.

thanks.

AHA...seems to partially work in IE, but shows error on page. I normally use Firefox and that seems to be where the problem is for me. Very frustrating.

Just tried zoom to address using FFox. Worked fine.

Edited by Team Cotati

thanks.

Just tried zoom to address using FFox. Worked fine.

It finally appears to be working for me now. My sister in another state was having troubles with it earlier, but she was using IE. Guess they were doing some maintenance.

This feature seems to come and go for me too, sometimes not working for weeks at a time. When it stops working, it does so for both Firefox and IE, and stops working on my desktop PC, laptop PC and linux machine all at once, suggesting it's not something I've added or changed in my environment.

When the search stops working (as it has today again), that Ffox tab never loads cache icons, even when manually moving the map view by dragging or zooming out. If you open a new tab you can zoom out and drag the map view around to find caches, but it's laborious.

Please could someone at Groundspeak comment on whether the cause of this problem is known and whether there are plans to fix it for good?

Thanks

mapmand