new feature

walkin'Simon

My proposal for a new feature for pemium members: Instead of adjustable Home co-ordinates one can give three or five different "own co-ordinates", provide with a name and pretend certain as a standard which is active then - like the printer setting by the computer. Thus changing this koordinaten clearly easy falls - above all if one has two residences or more often is away on business, a lot holiday makes or is just on Cache tours. I would be glad about a conversion. Thank you very much!

My proposal for a new feature for pemium members: Instead of adjustable Home co-ordinates one can give three or five different "own co-ordinates", provide with a name and pretend certain as a standard which is active then - like the printer setting by the computer. Thus changing this koordinaten clearly easy falls - above all if one has two residences or more often is away on business, a lot holiday makes or is just on Cache tours. I would be glad about a conversion. Thank you very much!

That is why when I'm away I use the zip code to look for caches.

Since I already do a Google Earth of anywhere I am going, I just jot down the coordinates for the destination and use that as a search.

Yes, I realize if you are going to the same place on multiple trips it would be easier, but I would just start a semi-permanent listing in a notebook to reference anytime I was headed that way.

This is a good suggestion that has been discussed regularly in the past.

I think Groundspeak agrees, because over at Waymarking.com, the option to set up multiple locations has existed since 2005.

Hopefully at some point the developers will get to the point on the "to-do" list where they can standardize features like this one to be common on all the Groundspeak sites. Sorry, but I cannot predict when that will happen.

As someone with two homes I agree. I only spend a brief time each year at my second home so it is a real pain trying to do the nearest caches I have not found while I am there. Also I plan to retire soon and become a part time RVer, this feature might be nice for that as well.

I'm planning a trip to Florida later this year, and I don't know the zip code to St George Island, But I can type it into the search just fine. "St George Island, Florida" and up it comes. I can even Scoot it up on the geocaching maps and follow the route I take all the way home. However, it seems like it would be convenient for people who do regularly spend time at two different lcations to be able to toggle between the two.