Greek release point

The Bentleys

hi there i am off to crete in 4-6 weeks and while over there intend to setup and release a cache the idea is as follows

box only inclides a code word in the lid which visitors must email to me to verify visiting and completion this is a minimum maintainance cache so no log book etc and will be available to premium members only

ok idea is this its a race

you can drop in as many geocoins as you want to but you can only take out as many as you drop in

1 for 1

the coins you remove must then return to a specified cache ( one of mine in the uk ) but they must go through a cache that belongs to their owner

any coins returning to my cache i will log distance and their will be a token prize for the monthly winning token that based on time and distance travelled is deemed to be the winner this will be bassed on a miles per day formula

also if you have 2-4 kids release 4 coins one for each and let them race back if this is the case you as the parent supply the prize for this

there will be a full description when i upload the cache as to all the rules

i am looking for

a. 6 coins to release to start this off so if you have any then contact me and i will arrange to get them to me prior to mid may 2009

b. any thoughts , ideas or potential probelms with this as a concept

please note i will release all coins to another cache in my area after they have finnished their race or return them to their owner ( at owners expense )

with thanks

casper

hi there i am off to crete in 4-6 weeks and while over there intend to setup and release a cache the idea is as follows

box only inclides a code word in the lid which visitors must email to me to verify visiting and completion this is a minimum maintainance cache so no log book etc and will be available to premium members only

ok idea is this its a race

you can drop in as many geocoins as you want to but you can only take out as many as you drop in

1 for 1

the coins you remove must then return to a specified cache ( one of mine in the uk ) but they must go through a cache that belongs to their owner

any coins returning to my cache i will log distance and their will be a token prize for the monthly winning token that based on time and distance travelled is deemed to be the winner this will be bassed on a miles per day formula

also if you have 2-4 kids release 4 coins one for each and let them race back if this is the case you as the parent supply the prize for this

there will be a full description when i upload the cache as to all the rules

i am looking for

a. 6 coins to release to start this off so if you have any then contact me and i will arrange to get them to me prior to mid may 2009

b. any thoughts , ideas or potential probelms with this as a concept

please note i will release all coins to another cache in my area after they have finnished their race or return them to their owner ( at owners expense )

with thanks

casper

How will you maintain your cache once you are back in the UK? You may find that your cache will not be approved as you live too far away to make regular maintence checks and visits. you also cann't have a cache without a log book

Edited by SkiBums (UK)

Sorry to dog pile on but I see lots of issues:

1) Vacation caches that you can't maintain are not allowed

2) Caches without logbooks and/or having to email a password to you are not allowed

3) Restricting movement on TBs and Geocoins is frowned upon - they are not yours and not allowing them to move goes against the wishes of the owners. (Use the search feature and look up TB Hotels and TB Prisons for feedback)

I suggest talking to a local reviewer before doing anything else.

Sorry to dog pile on but I see lots of issues:

1) Vacation caches that you can't maintain are not allowed

2) Caches without logbooks and/or having to email a password to you are not allowed

3) Restricting movement on TBs and Geocoins is frowned upon - they are not yours and not allowing them to move goes against the wishes of the owners. (Use the search feature and look up TB Hotels and TB Prisons for feedback)

I suggest talking to a local reviewer before doing anything else.